PDA

View Full Version : Urgent MOT help!!!!

andyhayes77
02-09-05, 09:05 AM
Its MOT time cars ready all work done except......

Ive taken out my rear seatsa and seatbelts all plactics etc back of the car is totally stripped cause im avin a new I.C.E install fitted. Will it pass with no rear seatbelts????

If anyones taken a car for an MOT without em ie.. people with Rolecages etc advice would be appreciated cause MOT garage wont tell me BECAUSE you have to pay a full ?40 re-test fee WHAT A CON :(

NovalutionGSi
02-09-05, 09:18 AM
it should do mate... mine did.

you might want to put your bolts back in the floor so there are no holes in the floor.

you've taken the rear seats out so there is no need for the seat belts!

Adam Moran
02-09-05, 09:22 AM
Will be fine :wink:

"if its not there they cant test it"

just like the spare wheel, if you dont have one they cant test you on it but if you do have one and its bald they will fail it.

andyhayes77
02-09-05, 09:22 AM
it should do mate... mine did.

you might want to put your bolts back in the floor so there are no holes in the floor.

you've taken the rear seats out so there is no need for the seat belts!

Buzzin that will do for me thanks 4 the advice m8

Chris
02-09-05, 10:00 AM
They should put an advice note on the sheet saying that only two seats were fitted at the time of the test, therefore if you re-fit the seats after the test and you have an accident and the rear seat belts weren't working under investigation they will go back to the MOT place, and the tester will have his a$$ covered

Chris

Jack
02-09-05, 12:06 PM
Interesting comments in the MOT guide:

If a belt is fitted, but there is no corresponding seat it is NOT considered to be a seat belt, for the purpose of this inspection.

My hatch went through an MOT with the rear belts fitted, but no rear seats (hadn't got round to taking the belts out yet), and the station never tested the rear belts... now I know why! :D

Also, it seems pre-April '87 vehicles don't require rear seat belts... I thought they did...

Stuart
02-09-05, 12:08 PM
link to the MOT guide please....

need to see what i can and cant do to this shell lol

Jack
02-09-05, 12:18 PM
http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual/contents.htm