PDA

View Full Version : HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!

Nobby
01-09-05, 10:27 AM
I was drvin last nite and i lost all power as if i had run out of petrol, at 1st i thought it was the clutch but the car moves if you keep giving it loads of little revs :? but as soon as u start to move abit quicker it cuts out? any one know wat that is? i foned a mechanic and he thinks its the carb blocked or the fuel pump is fuked :?

pmitch5
01-09-05, 01:33 PM
Mine use to do the same ran fine during day then at night hmm kept cutting out. whats the difference lights it mainly did it when i braked or was in reverse it was an earth on my lights which is in the boot may just be that as a thought, just give them all the once over and make sure there all secure and none have perished

tinyrally1
01-09-05, 03:35 PM
I'm no expert but it sounds like theres Cr#p in the carb. I had a similar problem with mine.

If you feel brave, take the top of the carb off and use an airline to blow all the dirt out while at the same time cover the airline and top of the carb with a cloth or towel so you dont get fuel in your face

Hope you get it sorted

alxlaw
01-09-05, 06:18 PM
that sounds like what happend to mine on the motor way - i didnt realise i only had 4 gears when i baut it and tryed puttin it in 5th - of corse i couldnt find it and ended up puttin it in 1ST!!!! BANG! pulled it over onto the hard sholder and re starded went to rev it to pull away and it kept diying!, turned out to be a ruddy big hole in the block cost a bomb garage said it wasnt even worth doing......did it anyway as you do.... :?