PDA

View Full Version : RIP

novaco
31-08-05, 09:34 PM
i just want to say RIP to my project! i thought i would be able to finish it but it looks as if i bit off more that i can chew :cry:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/novaco/Image103.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/novaco/Image005.jpg

the last pics took of her before she was carted away to the scrap heap :cry: :cry:

i didnt want to get rid but cud not afoord to keep going!!

oooh well...... :roll: guess i wil just have to wait til 2moro wen my new nova comes lol

novacabrio
31-08-05, 10:31 PM
what you getting?

Mike.
31-08-05, 10:49 PM
hope you stripped it for parts before it was taken, can't believe it really, you was making real good progress mate

Dod
31-08-05, 11:02 PM
WTF is wrong with you, that was a decent shell, easy repaired too. Why'd you dump it?

Adam
31-08-05, 11:48 PM
Shame mate :|
I thought you were making good progress.
What was wrong with it?

shy witness
01-09-05, 08:46 PM
a pity mate...................theres nothing like gettin right in2 the bollox with a project...................just take it as a learning curve.............and practice 4 the next 1.............. :D ...how bad woz it....and wot put you right off in the end???

novaco
01-09-05, 10:13 PM
well where do i start!

erm....it needed a new door, 2 new sills, inner wings, suspension turrets, another rear arch, boot floor had a hole in, under the rear seats there was a hole, needed a new slam panel too...... and i got offerd another nova shell with not one bit of rust and no body work needed doing so i took it. i wanted to kepp the other one to and to carry on the project but i couldnt as the lack of money and space otherwise i would have got if finished and maybe made it into a track car!

smitty5door
01-09-05, 10:45 PM
shame
it would have been betta if u sold it as a rolling shell which needs minor repairs :D :D but nvm...

novamadcars
02-09-05, 01:31 AM
yes because burgo works wonders with novas :wink:

novaco
02-09-05, 08:08 AM
shame
it would have been betta if u sold it as a rolling shell which needs minor repairs :D :D but nvm...

i know1 i wish i could have but i realy needed the space and god knows how long i may of had to wait for some to get it.

plus scrap is upto ?125 per ton and i dnt think i would have got the same ammount as that if i sold it on :roll: :wink:

Adam
02-09-05, 12:28 PM
plus scrap is upto ?125 per ton and i dnt think i would have got the same ammount as that if i sold it on :roll: :wink:

:o You get a ?10 per car round here, my dad did for his toyota, and that was about 1 1/2 tons.

Jack
02-09-05, 12:32 PM
:o You get a ?10 per car round here, my dad did for his toyota, and that was about 1 1/2 tons.
Gotta love the Toyota Lard :lol:

Mel
04-09-05, 07:44 PM
well where do i start!

erm....it needed a new door, 2 new sills, inner wings, suspension turrets, another rear arch, boot floor had a hole in, under the rear seats there was a hole, needed a new slam panel too...... and i got offerd another nova shell with not one bit of rust and no body work needed doing so i took it. i wanted to kepp the other one to and to carry on the project but i couldnt as the lack of money and space otherwise i would have got if finished and maybe made it into a track car!

lol..is that it? woulda took few weeks tops. I repaired twice as much as that and mine is fit for another few years on the road. If people give up just as soon as a lil bit of rust turns up, there'd be none left!

novaco
04-09-05, 07:46 PM
im stil at school though so money and time are realy tight!

dont get me wrong i would have loved to carry on and get it finished but i just couldnt manage it not along with loads of other work that i need to do!

Mel
04-09-05, 07:50 PM
I was until the last 5 months..hence why my "project" took 12 months, as it took time/money that I didn't have, but it was definately worth the wait!

Good luck on the next one tho fella

General Baxter
04-09-05, 07:59 PM
erm....it needed a new door, 2 new sills, inner wings, suspension turrets, another rear arch, boot floor had a hole in, under the rear seats there was a hole, needed a new slam panel too!

Puff :P

if i found a nova chasis i would just buy that and build one up, oh wait i have!

novaco
04-09-05, 08:34 PM
much appriciated general

Mike.
04-09-05, 09:20 PM
my nova needs alot of work to get it finished, you just have to persivier