PDA

View Full Version : Quite a powerful computer then!

Rich Dale
12-11-01, 11:21 PM
Check out this link

http://www.intelligentx.com/newsletters/technology/articles/story_tech1_111201.html

Do ya think PC World will sell those :D

I wonder what home PC power will be like in a few years from now....mental!

Breeny
12-11-01, 11:37 PM
lol some super computers already use Liquid nitrogen to keep them cool! Imagine how powerful they would be!

darlodge
13-11-01, 10:22 AM
A mate of mine at work has a liquid cooled machine. Not sure what spec it is but I know it was very expensive. The case alone was about ?300 and is gold plated.

Ged@RoyBacer
13-11-01, 11:15 AM
*cough* geeks *cough*

:p

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Breeny
13-11-01, 06:09 PM
darlodge im talking about rooms with liquid nitrogen in them, not just the tubes that run around the system components (i know a few people with these) lol @ micky

Ged@RoyBacer
14-11-01, 10:31 AM
i'll buy a computer like that when they invent hardware that involves a hand that comes from the screen and wa*ks u off...lol

Nova Community

Ste_Nova
14-11-01, 12:53 PM
my bro has his pc (amd athlon 1.9MHz) pulling in air from outside and venting outside cause it was getting too hot and he didn't want to pay silly money for a case ;)

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Ged@RoyBacer
14-11-01, 04:01 PM
lol...a cold air induction kit for a comp...lol

whhhooooorrrrpppppppp, whhhoooorrrrppppp :p

Nova Community

Rich Dale
14-11-01, 08:58 PM
Do K&N do a kit?

:D

I know at a large Engineering firm I visited a few times, they had a CAD system that cost about ?3million...may be more....I know it was about that much :O
That was back in 93.

This thing though.....
Blue Gene/L will have more computing power than the 500 top supercomputers in the world combined 500 top ones combined :O Fook!