PDA

View Full Version : Feeling ill after tongue piercing :(

dunova
29-08-05, 11:21 AM
I'm slightly concerned because i've been feeling ill after my tongue piercing. Yesterday my nose was running a lot, my throat was sore and my glands were up. This morning i've still got the runny nose, my throat doesn't feel too bad, but i've got abit of a cough now. I haven't got a temperature or headache or anything, but i'm worried something's not right :( I also feel abit achey.

I've been using yellow listerine (which is supposed to be the best for killing bacteria and stuff) after everything i eat and my tongue doesn't look infected, just swollen. Maybe i've just got a cold at the same time as having it done-coincidence??

I've been reading some horror stories on the net though-not nice :o

I think if i get a temperature or headache im going to the docs. Do you think i should be concerned?? Are the docs open on a bank holiday?

Jack
29-08-05, 11:44 AM
Yeah docs will be open on BH. If not then go up casualty!

I wouldn't have thought a tongue piercing could cause all that trouble, surely it would only cause throat infecttions? Although that could then give you a runny nose too... Of course the infection could have got in your blood stream from your tongue, but we won't think about that lol

dunova
29-08-05, 11:53 AM
Well i've called NHS direct and they should be calling me back within the next 3 hours. I read that if you get a fever or headaches then its an infection, i haven't got that so maybe i'm just feeling abit crappy because my body's recovering from it or something?? :?

I've been really good at rinsing my mouth with listerine after everything i eat though-surely infection couldn't have got in there :evil: Maybe my body's just rejecting it or something.

Well if i die, don't be suprised :lol:

Jack
29-08-05, 11:58 AM
I put first dibs on the Omega :lol:

dunova
29-08-05, 12:08 PM
Consider it done, i'll start making a list of my belongings lol

sickrabbit
29-08-05, 01:18 PM
Mate - who told you to use listerine ?? I,d use a mild warm solution of salt water everytime in choice of any antiseptic as they cause a mild burn. Rinse your mouth with that , but it,ll sting like mad.Trust me , Im a very experienced first aid and paramedics who I,ve worked alongside have told me to train to become one of them , or a nurse . Salt , or saline water is the finest thing to use in a mild form , for nearly every incision injury which is what you have done to your tongue . Have you used listerine before ?- you may have a slight allergic reaction to it . Are you hot and itchy , cannot stand bright lights feel warm and nauseas , is your urine clear - or very yellow ? Are you drinking enough? I,d down water , slowly ( as much as poss ) and get to A&E this afternoon . It could be a mild infection that requires antibiotics .
Last thing - if you feel faint ( at some point you may ) tell someone , keep them with you and lie down , with the feet raised higher than your head. If you feel this way , tell whoevers with you ( if you do faint ) to raise your feet right up and call your name , on awaking you may be very confused , but dont worry .....I dont mean to be a scaremonger , but infections can cause nausea ,and some folks a tempreture that causes fainting -and this COULD be a worse case senario..
It could be that you have a severe cold , and that the listerine is agrivating your throat and making the cold worse . A doctor is seriously worth a visit ASAP
Go to A&E , and good luck .

sh0rty
29-08-05, 03:24 PM
i use to use corsodyl and it made my tongue go white so i had to water it down :P have you taken any painkillers as you said you were going to? get an anti-inflammatory one, it should reduce swelling.

FlatBeatBoy
29-08-05, 04:08 PM
Consider it done, i'll start making a list of my belongings lol

I dibs ur bed :lol:

Hope you feel better dun i dont think you should be worried too much. Proballyy just a conidence you got a cold at the same time

get well soon :wink:

dunova
29-08-05, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the info people. I was using salt water, but when my throat got sore people said it was due to the salt water!!

Have you used listerine before ?- you may have a slight allergic reaction to it . Are you hot and itchy , cannot stand bright lights feel warm and nauseas , is your urine clear - or very yellow ?

I haven't used it before, but i started feeling bad before i started using it (when i was using salt water). I haven't got any of those symptoms and i am drinking plenty of water. My throat doesn't seem too bad now, but my head is getting quite stuffy and i'm blowing my nose a lot lol

I spoke to a guy from NHS direct and he said it sounds like i've just got a cold/flu. He said if it was infected it would be yellow and full of puss (which it isn't).

I've been taking ibuprofen, but am now taking nurofen. I didn't want to take the ibuprofen for too long.

Sickrabbit, thanks for the info mate-much appreciated :+:

I'm really hoping its a cold and if i'm worse tomorrow i'll go see the doc :(

That beds going to my grave! Which by the way i'm feeling may be very soon :lol:

doni_nova12
29-08-05, 10:03 PM
neurofen is ibuprofen u lol :?

dunova
29-08-05, 10:07 PM
Oh yeah, just looked on the pack-what a retard :lol:

Feeling abit better now thank god. My tongue looks alright, so maybe it is just a cold i picked up because my immune system was busy looking after my tongue?!

Problem is, i felt crap yesterday, got better by the night, and then woke up feeling worse-so only the morning will tell!!

boredbloke
29-08-05, 10:42 PM

dude thas gross u don't know what he's done in it!

FlatBeatBoy
29-08-05, 11:53 PM
IM BROKE NIGGA IM BROKE

So i dont care :oops:

dunova
30-08-05, 02:09 PM

dude thas gross u don't know what he's done in it!
I haven't done anything in it. The lepricorns have, but not me.

Anywho, i'm feeling fan-frickin-tastic today so looks like i'm not going to die!Yay! Probably just had a shitty cold. Piercings looking better now some of the swelling's gone down aswell :D

Jack
30-08-05, 02:18 PM
And what pearls of wisdom have you learnt from this path of enlightenment oh wise one?

dunova
30-08-05, 02:22 PM
Words from the wiseman are as follows;

"No pain, no gain"

I actually created this well known saying when i was a mere youngster living in a kabuts. Ahh, good memories..........

Jack
30-08-05, 02:27 PM
I actually created this well known saying when i was a mere youngster living in a kabuts. Ahh, good memories..........
Is that anywhere near Kingswood? lol

dunova
30-08-05, 02:33 PM
No, knowle park :lol:

Quite posh arond there, unlike knowle lmao

Jack
30-08-05, 02:46 PM
Posh? Bristol? :lol:

Bath is good for posh.... and women too :D

FlatBeatBoy
30-08-05, 03:01 PM
yey dunny didnt die :lol:

Jack
30-08-05, 03:16 PM
yey dunny didnt die :lol:
Don't the Australians call the toilet the "dunny" lmfao

FlatBeatBoy
30-08-05, 03:18 PM
lmao that deserves a dance

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/153/emotdance6ux.gif

dunova
30-08-05, 03:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/tezray/notdead.jpg

FlatBeatBoy
30-08-05, 03:24 PM
does that mean we are still getting married? :lol:

dunova
30-08-05, 03:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/tezray/you_re_a_homo.jpg

FlatBeatBoy
30-08-05, 03:31 PM
lol u wish dun :D

dunova
30-08-05, 03:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/tezray/homo1.jpg

BTW, i'm not at work today and the weathers lush! GUTTED!! AAHHHHHH

FlatBeatBoy
30-08-05, 04:30 PM
ima go cry.... you stupid pikey get back to ur caravan :(

dunova
30-08-05, 04:43 PM
I actually live in a kabuts..............

FlatBeatBoy
30-08-05, 05:01 PM
*does the shuffle truffle*

yeh you cant beat that so :D

Jack
30-08-05, 05:18 PM
I actually live in a kabuts..............
Is that near Kingswood......:lol:

I'm home from work, sat in my bedroom... my neighbour is out painting her fence... *cough*milf*cough* :D

sh0rty
31-08-05, 08:15 PM
take it your feeling fine now lol ? :P

dunova
01-09-05, 08:08 AM
take it your feeling fine now lol ? :P
Pretty much thanks, just abit of a cold remainding :+:

Oh, and the front of my tongue decided to go kind of 'half numb' yesterday :? Not 100% sure why, but i think it may be because i wasn't diluting my mouthwash and it may have acid burned my tongue abit :o

Thanks for your help though shorty :wink:

sh0rty
01-09-05, 07:45 PM
Day Tongue Was First Pierced

http://www.piczs.com/is.php?i=9120&img=Tongue.jpg

Couple Months/Years Later ?

http://www.piczs.com/is.php?i=9121&img=newer_tongue.jp.jpg

knew I had them somewhere :)

dunova
03-09-05, 10:05 AM
A little bit less swollen in the 1st pic then lol

The feeling in my tongues come back! Think it must of been me overdosing on the mouthwash. It's been 8 days since having it done now and my colds gone, i can eat normally and the swelling is about half way gone, so all is good!

Is it easy to change the bars? Because the bloke that did it said give it 3-4 weeks and then I can change it to a normal size bar. I was thinking of taking the bottom ball off and then pushing the new bar through as the old one comes out-i thought that way i couldn't lose the hole :lol:

sh0rty
06-09-05, 06:55 PM
unscrew the bottom ball and risk choking. your supposed to unscrew top one alway so that if its ever loose or you dont catch it in time, it lands in base of mouth rather than in your mouth and your tongue naturally swallows.

change bar as soon as swelling drops and you can see loads of bar. if its too long you risk catching it, biting it while eating and chipping more teeth than needed.

always always screw it up mentally tight, i have swallowed sooo many balls its crazy lol. always my "nice new ones" that i was in a rush to put in. mine sometimes naturally loosens aswell so randomly every few days/week, try to tighten it up.

**information brought to you by sh0rty'z rant rambling lol**

p.s. does noone else have it done lol?

dunova
07-09-05, 08:13 AM
It's weird because some people are saying to me i can change the bar once the swelling has gone (so about 2 weeks) and some are saying i should wait atleast 4 weeks to make sure my tongue's fully healed all the way through :?

Maybe i'll wait 3 weeks lol because i know what you mean about the bar-it's getting in the way quite a lot now! I think i caught it 2 or 3 times yesterday.

always always screw it up mentally tight, i have swallowed sooo many balls its crazy lol. always my "nice new ones" that i was in a rush to put in. mine sometimes naturally loosens aswell so randomly every few days/week, try to tighten it up.

My piercer said that the main cause for the balls coming loose is if you over-tighten them, because it fecks the thread up, so that may be your problem lol although i will probably be doing mine up quite tight and checking them.

My mate had his nipple done afew days ago-said it fecking hurt like mad, but it's well worth it! Considering getting mine done now......................

FlatBeatBoy
07-09-05, 09:35 AM
nipple twist anyone? :lol:

novamadcars
07-09-05, 09:43 AM
nipple twist anyone? :lol:

twist your own :D

untouchable
11-09-05, 07:09 PM
can i just add a complete bit of randomness to this thread?

my 12 year old daughter and her mate decided it would be a good idea to get a belly bar and put it at such an angle in their mouths that it looked like they had their tongues pierced (as in the ball end sat on their tongues with the otgher end hidden behind their top teeth that were pressed against their tongues) Like a sensible mum should, i warned them both that they were stupid and they would choke of they swallowed the bars....

anyway, we were driving down the road so my daughter could go and meet her dad, when she suddenly looked at me with a look of horror and said "oh god Mum...." so i said "you havent swallowed it have you?" to which she replied "yes i have, am i going to choke?" to which i replied "well if you were i think you would have done it by now"

Stupid child, when will she ever learn?

ps...im not sure if its come 'through' yet or not, but im glad we didnt need to go on holiday abroad after else we never would have got through the security beepy barrier!

Jack
11-09-05, 07:47 PM
heh the girl I went to Cornwall with swallowed her tongue bar...

dunova
14-09-05, 05:05 PM
New bit of tongue jewlerry :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/tezray/tongue.jpg

sh0rty
14-09-05, 08:06 PM
wtf :?: :!:

dunova
14-09-05, 09:06 PM
Lol its a called a 'door knocker' tongue bar-i think its awesome :D

Its got an 18mm bar and its abit tight though, so i bought a 22mm bar on ebay earlier! I think i need a big'ish bar because mine kind of goes abit diagnally back through my tongue because i didn't want it right on the tip.

It was abit weird pushing a bar through my tongue for the first time :o

Hazel
14-09-05, 09:14 PM
If you take your tongue bar out, how long does it take for the hole to heal? I thought about getting mine done but i don't have the bottle lol.

dunova
14-09-05, 09:19 PM
If you take it out for a day it will probably have closed up! It doesn't hurt-the only thing that i had was a mo fo of a cold for about a week afterwards. Don't know if it was coincidence, the shock of having it done, or what tbh :?

sh0rty
14-09-05, 10:19 PM
asking 10 different people that question will get you ten different answers. people say as lttle as 5 mins and they cant get it back in. most ive had mine out is 2 1/2 hours whilst in theatre for appendectomy :)

Jack
15-09-05, 01:06 AM
The girl I went on holiday with, when she swallowed her bar it took about half hour - 40 mins for the hole to seal up!

dunova
15-09-05, 08:05 AM
Oh :? I LIE! I LIE! :lol:

Dpnova
15-09-05, 08:58 AM
They do heal up pretty quick if you leave them out, careful not to eat the balls off the end