PDA

View Full Version : Camber

PE4
28-08-05, 04:16 PM
Hi Tech guru's

The camber on the front of my nova is ridiculous, and it is balding the inside edges of the front tyres!

It is quite low at the front, such that I can't get full lock with Cav GSi rims on. Now the springs are a bit too short for the struts but I don't think that would make any difference.

I thought suspension kits compensated for the camber that lowering causes, or do I need a camber kit of some kind?

Cheers

Steve

Also have strut brace fitted, would that pull the struts angle in a bit?

probert_nova
28-08-05, 05:30 PM
have you had the trackin done since fittin the suspension. thecamber was fcukn awfull after i fitted my 60mm springs but trackin it seemed to curethe problem. if not then there are fewrecent posts about the kits you can buy to adjust it.

leemh1234
28-08-05, 10:11 PM
get the tracking looked at the get camber bolts and get them fitted proply unless u know how to do it yourself 8)

O.J.
29-08-05, 12:40 AM
is there a recomended angle of camber? I ride on the K-mac camber kitt, and i`m wondering if any of you have tested the best angel of camber? 1,5???

Riggy
29-08-05, 10:25 AM
i think its supposed to be 1 degree negative

PE4
31-08-05, 08:12 PM
Thanx for the replies lads.

Went and checked the tracking and it was way out! Had to shop around to get it done though because some garages said it was too low for the equipment they use :)

All sorted now.

Cheers

Steve