PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Issue Nova 1.3SR , heeeeelp :(

Psych-O-Logic
28-08-05, 02:23 PM
hey there, :|

I am driving a Nova 1.3 SR 1985.

Suddenly my car got stuck, and it wouldn't start.
the starter works and all electrical systems are fine since i fixed them and just got a new battery.

I pop the hood and i see there is no fuel in the fuel filter before the carborator.
i took apart the filter and it was filled with yellowish orange fluid... fuel with water and dirt or something...

i got a new fuel filter. and everything was fine till suddenly at a red light the engine stops.
i poped the hood and i see there is no fuel again..
i shake the filter around press on the fuel pipes a bit start the engine again, it starts, go back and look at the filter and it is filled with fuel and everything is fine and idleing.

what is the problem?
-Does this old car have a fuel pump or does the vacum suck the fuel?
is my fuel pump dead?

-Is my carb jammed? i don't think sos ince when there is fuel in the filter the car purs like a kitten.

-Might there be a jam on the pipes somewhere?

- i took apart the fuel tank a while back in order to change the air out pipe cause it had a hole in it, as i did that i saw a small pipe going around the tank bellow falling apart.... literally. so i just pulled it out, and saw it came form a small hole on the tank, what is this hole?

please help, any help will be very appritiated.

Thank you.

EDIT:
-----

the fuel pump is probably working cause everytime the engine stops there is no fuel visible in the filter, that means that when there is fuel there it gets pumped into the carb..
so where can the ******* jam be??
dirty fuel tank?
errr...

Psych-O-Logic
28-08-05, 03:39 PM
UPDATE:
----------

after i drive a bit the engine stops
again, no fuel is running through the filter.
now, once i open one end of the fuel filter your hear a HISSssss noise, like it's blowing out or taking in air ( my guess is blowing out)
and after that i close back the filter hozes and start the car and after u press the gas pedal a bit everything is working again...
till this happens again and u need to release that air again...

WTF???

what's going on here?
does anyone of you have the complete fuel schematics from the fuel tank filling hole till the fuel pump?

please help

leemh1234
28-08-05, 10:04 PM
the fuel system isn't pressureising its self is it or drawing sh*t up from the bottom of the tank? 8)