PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions please

novaco
28-08-05, 11:09 AM
Well im about to start my install on my nova. i have no back seats so i ahve that space aswell as the boot to play with. i know what i want but i dont know what to buy.

i was thinking 4 subs........ maybe 12" but should i vary in size like 2x12" and 2x15"????

maybe 4 6x9's to sit in between the subs?????

2 speakers for the doors???

and a head unit??

but what are the best around? what should i realy go for to get a good sound??

i am on a budget but its not that tight so any suggestions??

oh and how many amps would i need to power this little lot??

cheers for any help!!

Karl!

pmitch5
01-09-05, 01:21 PM
Iv just purchased 2 12" sony hexagonal subs in silver from halford for 40nikker well recomend them they sound sweet as im running them off of a crunch amp http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/2188.html
which seems to do the trick nicely.

i have 180watt amp for my 6x9's which will eventually be situated in the back quater panels still deciding how to do it, and hopefully soon will be getting some nice component speakers for the front doors but not sure as what to get yet and if i get them i may get rid of the 6x9's,

as for amps the cheapest iv seen is http://www.theloudest.co.uk they have 2 a 1500w and a 3000w i was tempted to get 2 1500 but unsure of the make but for budget i cant c anything wrong if you look on ebay for them there about 90 brand new and the feedback on the guy is good.

hope this is of some help.

Jack
01-09-05, 02:43 PM
In my hatch I had a pair of the 12" sony hexagonal subs, one behind each front seat. Advantage was you had the bass rumble up your back 8)

pmitch5
01-09-05, 02:58 PM
both mine are in the boot facing inwards wi amp in midle ony just fit cos back seats are there and it does vibrate rather nicely in a none perverted way lol

-tucny-
02-09-05, 08:50 AM
dont get to excited and cram as many speakers as u can in the boot. the speaker works by pushing the air around, it needs air to fire its sound waves through so if u fill the boot too much then air movement will be restricted and overall volume will be considerably less.

a couple of decent 12"s in a ported box will give u enough bass however a decent 12" or 15" on its own can easily be louder as theres loads of space for air movement.

Nova_Houch7
08-09-05, 12:56 AM
Like everyone says, stick wit a couple a 12" subs and a powerful amp, best goin for a better amp, cuz u can always get better subs when u got more of a budget, And the amp always makes a budget sub sound ok.....
Another good thing wud be to buy 2 powerful amps, 1 which runs the 2x12" subs and some 6x9's/front speakers etc,and the other to power a 15" sub, wud also look good aswell as sound good. jus dont get the usual subs etc that everyone goes for, go for suttin a little differnt, look at wat they use in competitions etc, dont just get a 15" sub tho, sounds alright but its all bass, 12" is better for the all around good sound. Also alot of the time some of the front speakers are better than buyin 6x9's, same goes as for seein and askin for competition ones, more pricey, but sooo worth it....sorry everyone for the essay lol
L

customnova
01-10-05, 08:31 PM
the sonys are fine but if you can get in contact with your local halfords, get them to ring VIBE and ask if they still have the pt12 subs, they are the old blackair subs as they have brought out the new blackair 2, they should be no more than ?30 each and are also available in the 15" your require, the 12" hit a healthy 350rms and are very punchy and look tidy too. the old blackbox 1 & 2 are also down in price at halfords they go nicely with the subs