PDA

View Full Version : How Low????

NovaBen
27-08-05, 12:30 AM
Well now, how much arch work do you reckon would have to be done to go this low??!!

My current car:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/novaben/174.jpg

And my old car:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/novaben/175.jpg

Basically i was bored on Photoshop today and thought i'd have a play!! They do look kinda sweet though don't they??!! :lol:

Ben 8)

scott.parker
27-08-05, 01:04 AM
Ben i belive neil is actualy tyring to get the 8V turbo beast as low as that :o :D hes made some funy custom arch work on the rear,as for the front i would hate to try full lock :lol:

Scott

NovaBen
27-08-05, 01:51 AM
You mean Neil has actually been working on his car??!! Thats not right, surely??!! :lol:
Perhaps he's going to try driving it motorbike stylee - leaning the car into the corners!! :?

Ben 8)

peester
27-08-05, 07:34 AM
wud be so cool though..

benji
27-08-05, 12:49 PM
i'm pretty sure i could get the back of mine that low, not actually tried yet though

scott.parker
27-08-05, 12:52 PM
Without squashing the exhaust between the beam and the underside??

Scott

benji
27-08-05, 01:23 PM
i'll give it a go, got loads of space at the mo

nova1104
27-08-05, 02:07 PM
how do you actually get the car that low??

mine is on avo coilovers, 300lb springs because its a 2.0 but it bottoms out already and not even that low really.Plus when doing speed on the motorway and taking a corner the whole front end feels flimsy.Bounce's around etc.... doesnt feel stable at all and thats with it set to stiff.

my lowering springs and standard shocks where better at handeling and never bottomed out but was just sucha harsh ride.

krobinson
27-08-05, 02:54 PM
Mine feels great on FK stuff, using eccentric top mounts and the rear springs shortened an extra 30mm. I've since raised the rear so its level with the alloy and not over it. I feel going any lower is TOO low.

Keith

Jack
27-08-05, 03:15 PM
That looks wank :? :lol:

Nath
27-08-05, 04:01 PM
airbag suspension would get it that low but u wudnt be able to drive it like that.youd have to raise it, but your talking mega bucks for that

Lee
27-08-05, 07:51 PM
think it would definately need an independant rear suspension set up to get the wheels that high in the car. The rear beam would hit the floor otherwise :lol:

Ste_Nova
27-08-05, 08:48 PM
think it would definately need an independant rear suspension set up to get the wheels that high in the car. The rear beam would hit the floor otherwise :lol:

this is the limit on standard axel

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/K860SCC/wheellowx.jpg

NovaBen
27-08-05, 08:57 PM
Is that with a side-exit exhaust or rear exit? Obviously you can drop it further with a side exit as there is no pipe to squash between the floorpan and rear beam.

Ben 8)

Lee
28-08-05, 11:17 AM
Is that with a side-exit exhaust or rear exit? Obviously you can drop it further with a side exit as there is no pipe to squash between the floorpan and rear beam.

Ben 8)

Yeah but youd have sod all suspension!! :o :o

Ste_Nova
28-08-05, 11:45 AM

Ben 8)

thats with no exhaust.. no springs, no shocks... the wheel is hitting the top of the arch

NovaBen
29-08-05, 03:10 AM
Oooookk then, that answers my question!! :wink:

Ben 8)