PDA

View Full Version : de'locking an smoothin

doni_nova12
26-08-05, 07:51 PM
whats the score on de-locking the car? do u remove your door card and pop it out from there? a take it you jus take some filler to it after that, and smooth it off ?

also, what dorr handles am i looking at to smooth off the door ?

and i take it mirror are just a stright swap for different ones ?(if you get the indicator M3/M5's take it you jus take the wiring from the side and put it on the mirrors? and then fill in the hole left at the side of your car again ?

novaco
26-08-05, 08:59 PM
well....as for de-locking your best bet is to weld a plate on the inside over the hole so that nothing can be peirced through the filler (like a charvs screwdriver) making it crack, which could allow them to get the finger in and open your door.

as for the door handles i dont realy understand what you meen? do you want to do i door handle transplant i.e put them off another car like a corsa or cavalier?

and the mirrors you normaly have to buy nova baseplates to go with them and for the indercaters i guess you could just run a wire from your side repeaters!

hope this helps

Karl!

Ste L
26-08-05, 09:00 PM
i think he means de-handle it, you would need to weld the hole up and just skim it with filler...

doni_nova12
26-08-05, 11:36 PM
awright cheers.

the handles, wat a mean is, you knwo how thenova grey ones jus stick out a couple cm's or so? well, was jus wantin the dorr handle to be flush with the door, as in - no stickin out.

take it the corsa ones are jus like this ?

Adam
27-08-05, 04:30 PM
awright cheers.

the handles, wat a mean is, you knwo how thenova grey ones jus stick out a couple cm's or so? well, was jus wantin the dorr handle to be flush with the door, as in - no stickin out.

take it the corsa ones are jus like this ?
You can fit Cav door handles, but i dont know how much work is involved with that.
I think its Jims black nova that has cav handles iirc.
They look real tidy.