PDA

View Full Version : how important is it......

novaexplod
26-08-05, 04:20 PM
to put a massive intercooler into the equation wen doing the let engine conversion into a nova, my mate reckons its a must have but i say its bollocks cos theyre usually for wen ur doing hill climbing in hot countries?????

Stuart
26-08-05, 04:25 PM
lmao.

YES they are important for any turbo application. not just hill climbing in hot countrys.... stop smoking! lol

Ste_Nova
26-08-05, 05:14 PM
standard cooler will be fine for standard power

Lee
26-08-05, 05:31 PM
agreed, youll need one if your winding the boost up, but a standard LET will run happily on a chargecooler.

Also, a downside is you have to hang the bloody thing out the front so subtlety goes out the window!!

Philsutton
27-08-05, 04:51 PM
you need an intercooler but the size isnt too important unless your going for silly power

DaveMarshall
27-08-05, 09:39 PM
You need to run either an intercooler or a chargecooler. Obviously the bigger you go for the cooler the inlet charge will be, positioning makes a difference to, standard calibra turbo intercoolers were badly positioned and a bad size for use in a Nova. Go for a fmic or a double capacity chargecooler.

mowgli
27-08-05, 10:27 PM
intercoolers are a must for any turbo engine. hot air kills power

O.J.
28-08-05, 01:02 AM
what do you mean by chargecooler :oops: :oops: :lol: :oops:

Lee
28-08-05, 11:26 AM
A chargecooler is basically an air/water heat exchanger.
Air passing through the chargecooler flows past a matrix of tubes through which water is circulated in a closed system, which is pumped via alloy pipes routed through to a chargecooler radiator mounted ahead of the engine rad! Thats a basic description anyway, there are quite a few variants.

Marsden
28-08-05, 01:07 PM
i would say the bigger the btr, every 1 degree cooler you get it = 1 bhp more. so i have heard :lol:

leemh1234
29-08-05, 03:03 PM
theres no point in having a massive intercooler with a standad turbo hybrid turbo and big intercooler yeah but the standad turbo wont fill the big intercooler quick enough 8)