PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 sri into a 1.4sr

scoobyturbo
25-08-05, 06:23 PM
alright folks

this has prob been asked a million times but ive got a whole sri that i want to fire the engine into my 1.4 sr
hoping to do all the work myselve but im after info/tips on the wiring.
how hard is it to do???
that else needs changed over like the fuel tank etc etc???

any help would be great :D

thanks again

hendrix
25-08-05, 06:43 PM
swap everything over, u need to change the fuel tank and fuel pump and probably the brakes. also the entire loom needs to be swapped unless u fancy chopping and chock blocking everything together (bastid sri loom is one complete thing with everything on it)

tony8169
25-08-05, 09:32 PM
1.4 SR has more power than the 1.4 SRI (single point injection) Rubbish,
keep it on carbs!

Adam
25-08-05, 10:29 PM
keep it on carbs!
SRI is multipoint injection, and is 82bhp with the cat.
Its a miles better engine than the 1400SR.

As hendrix said, swap the whole car loom, as it contains the engine loom on a sri as well.
But it means the dash etc has to come out, either that or a lot of soldering :wink: :lol:

Its the 1.4i engine thats SPI, thats 60bhp, and that is rubbish.

leemh1234
26-08-05, 01:46 AM
keep the 1.4sr get a good head on it and piper 275 fast road cam twin choke carb and pi** all over gte's.my standad 1.4sr shakes of xr3i's.hope that helps mate 8)

scoobyturbo
26-08-05, 06:36 PM
aye think ill bring the dash out and do it that way

look out for more 'help' topics coming up in a couple of weeks :lol:

not wanting to tune the sr mate as the sri is chipped,kent cams,4 branch etc and beat my old gsi when my mate owned the sri

and it whips the bigger engined french p~sh paxo vtr boys :D :lol: :P

thanks for the help again boys 8)

Lee
26-08-05, 07:35 PM
whats wrong with the SRi shell then? Would be easier to swap all the bits you like off your SR onto the SRi and save a lot of hassle!

scoobyturbo
27-08-05, 06:59 PM
the sri shell is needing quite a bit off work
it was the same with the sr but i only owned the sr when i was fixing the bodywork then i bought the sri.
i just wish that i had bought the sri first and got that up to standard but there we go....
ill put up photos in a couple of days when ive finished swapping the final bits and pieces.
its yellow just in case you want to have a look
just noticed the sri is in the gallery under daniel waddell[red] before the next couple of owners killed it :evil:

Philsutton
27-08-05, 07:04 PM
keep it on carbs!

lmao, of course it is. In standard the sri has far more power than the sr but if you put the sr on twin carbs an a cam then it would make more still.