PDA

View Full Version : rollcage pics wanted

benji
25-08-05, 09:53 AM
as above, i need some pics of rollcages, more to the point, i want some pics of nova's that have had the rear suspension picked up, aswell as the A+B pillars tied in. anyone got any??

cheers

ben.

DaveMarshall
25-08-05, 10:23 AM
Some pics of my old Nova with weld in cage here.

http://www.pvgforum.net/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?board=MembersCars;action=display;num=1107 282612

Aragorn
25-08-05, 01:13 PM
is it just me or is the entire of that rear cage section mounted to the rubber bushed shock top?

Austin_Nova16
25-08-05, 01:15 PM
Its You I think....

Its blatantly welded around the front..

Aragorn
25-08-05, 01:43 PM
aah yes theres some kinda angled tube thats been welded around the pickup and the cage welded to that ;)

i see now

benji
25-08-05, 02:04 PM
htats great thanks dave, do you have any more pics of where the front extends to the turrets, and how it's weldd?

thanks

ben.

scott.parker
25-08-05, 05:13 PM
Dave i so wish i had had enough money to bought your hole car of you not just bits of it :wink: :P still one of my fave cars that is mate.

Scott

mikey14sr
25-08-05, 06:55 PM
dont know about weld-in, but the group A bolt-in had blocks between the cage and b-pillars with bolts going through to the upper seat belt mountings. Iirc they had similar blocks along the top of the side hoops bolted into the box section at the side of the roof. The front had 1 bolt going through the A-pillar to the upper part of the brace going to the front turret. The turret braces themselves seem to have 1 bolt going sideways in to the box section at the side, and two vertical bolts by the side of the turret.
Also I have seen weld-in cages wher peeps have just welded in small bracing plates between the shell and cage, particurlary along the A and B pillars.

Jonlem
25-08-05, 07:45 PM
I'm looking into the HH cage for mine, wish I'd really brought it in the first place before I got it all painted, oh well, gives me the oppurtunity to get the engien bay slightly altered.

was that a Saftey Device cage you had in yours dave ?

anyone got any pics of the HH one fitted into a nova ?

Ste L
25-08-05, 07:53 PM
Some pics of my old Nova with weld in cage here.

http://www.pvgforum.net/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?board=MembersCars;action=display;num=1107 282612

looking at that make me want to strip my nova out, can't decide, i like the stripped out look, then then i also like my music, and have passengers

:evil: :evil:

choices choices

scott.parker
25-08-05, 08:19 PM
I say strip it Ste,you wont belive the difrence in perfomance with thye rear seat and passenger seat out.

Scott

Rexy
25-08-05, 09:17 PM
Come on Ste lad.... you know's it make sense.

Ste L
25-08-05, 11:52 PM
did have the back seats out and stuff for about a month, only put them back in on tue's when i had a day off work,

started out with nothing, then ice, slowly crept back in, now the back seats came back in lol

DaveMarshall
27-08-05, 09:40 AM
htats great thanks dave, do you have any more pics of where the front extends to the turrets, and how it's weldd?

thanks

ben.

Think that's all the pics i've got of the car mate, I sold the shell but haven't heard anymore about it, apparantley the guy was going to use it for rallying. If I find any more i'll post them up.

was that a Saftey Device cage you had in yours dave ?

Yeah full safety devices cage with weld in seat rails, didn't go for harness bars at the time just used the strut brace tube for mounting the harnesses.

[/quote]