PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter Advice

ToRn
24-08-05, 06:16 PM
Ive got a J Reg Nova 1.2

Ok first off my Nova has a huge black air filter on it and it looks ugly as fcuk now i want to get rid of it but it has a pipe that comes from the back of it and goes into a black looking box under the engine from what it looks like it has the letters (GM) on both of them.

Now i know nothing about air filters, but i want one that makes my car sound nicer (already got an exhaust (well exhaust Tip (but it is Peco))) I would also like a bit more BHP out of the car.

Now are the Max Power Induction kits any good and if so how do you get the cones to go under the bonnet? i presume you fit them to the Carb as my dad said you did because the other place i thought it might go was on the bit the comes of the manifold which is something to do with hot Air i think.

i am willing to spend about 50 quid on this and if i can get more for that sort of money then thats great.

thanks in advance

addgsi
24-08-05, 06:30 PM
first of all if its a carb then you carnt fit a induction kit you will have to use a bolt on top carb filter and just puttin a filter on wont gain any bhp that u will notice dont believe what some of the people in the shops tell you at the end of the day they r tryin to sell u the stuff and that is what this site is for if u ever have any problems 9/10 times someone else on here will have and will be able to give u advise

ad :D

Marsden
24-08-05, 06:39 PM
hi mate i bought a k&n bolt on 1 week ago for ?49.99 that will go onto your carb. but my nova is a 1.4 spi and it will not go on!! i am going to sell it now due to the fact it is useless to me! post me if you are interested.

ToRn
24-08-05, 07:48 PM
let me guess the bonnet wont shut?

Marsden
24-08-05, 07:54 PM
no it is the wrong fitment for a spi, turns out the only way I can do it is by buying a box of a 1.4 spi corsa, then getting a cone filter. the k&n will go straight onto your carb model just undo the 3 bolts on your panal air filter and replace it with the k&n, easy as that.

addgsi
24-08-05, 07:56 PM
hes tellin the truth m8 three big philips screws and it off

ToRn
24-08-05, 08:06 PM
Ive already had it off, ive already tried to fit the Max Power Induction Airfilter onto my car i cant shut the bonnet cause it sticks up too high.. but also i have a pipe that runs from the panel air filter into another black box under the engine somewhere.

Marsden
24-08-05, 08:39 PM
yeah it tells you what to do on the instuctions of the k&n, have you tried fitting a cone filter to the top of your carb so it pointing up?

ToRn
24-08-05, 08:47 PM
This filter is a cone filter and it is pointing up? how else could i atach it?

Marsden
24-08-05, 08:50 PM
you cant atach them filters to your car, you need a k&n bolt on thats the only filter you can fit lol. it will look like the bottom picture on this link

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=2208e the