PDA

View Full Version : cam's

doni_nova12
23-08-05, 10:51 PM
see if you wer to put a upgraded cam in, say a piper cam, will you have to declare it, a mean, they wont exactly find it woudl they ?

but u would jus to be on the good side

Riggy
24-08-05, 06:05 PM
legally you should declare everything

but id guess that a lot of people dont declare internal mods

Jack
24-08-05, 07:56 PM
If they *did* find out then you'd be for it.... personally I wouldn't want to risk it.

Lee
28-08-05, 12:18 AM
I would have said that a higher profile cam would be the most difficult mod to find in a scrutineering, and tbh, the only time they'd strip your engine in a crash is if you either killed someone or hit a car worth +60K and they were trying desperately to find a way not to have to pay out. Also, you could plead ignorance to the mod and say you didnt know it was installed, quite an easy way out if you own a car with 5+ previous owners like a Nova.

But when it comes to the crunch, decent insurers like Flux or HIC wont charge you hardly anything for a cam, and its sensible and worth it just to know your fully road legal.

Philsutton
28-08-05, 02:50 PM
tghey dont know what they are looking for anyway. You can tell whether a a car is cammed though by the way it runs. Still i declared mine.

Jack
28-08-05, 10:45 PM
Unfortunately ignorance isn't an excuse, if you say you didn't know it was in there they'll say tough luck mate you should have found out. And they'll look on here and see this thread... lol

Lee
29-08-05, 11:08 AM
very true i guess, thats why my cams are declared. :lol: