PDA

View Full Version : doors

sickrabbit
23-08-05, 04:27 PM
What is it with passenger doors - they seem to rust on the inside at the bottom so much more than the driving side ( take a look - I,ll wager you,ll see an obvious difference - a local scrappy pointed this out to me) I,ve sorted a nice rust hole last year in this area , and now have sadly found that the rust seems to be back - but this time slightly on both doors , so I used underseal to hopefully protect em . Anybody else tried this method ?

Jack
23-08-05, 06:11 PM
Passenger side is kerbside, and kerbside is where all the puddles are :wink:

General Baxter
23-08-05, 06:16 PM
i have no doors to rust :P

sickrabbit
23-08-05, 06:32 PM
Passenger side is kerbside, and kerbside is where all the puddles are :wink:

:oops: I was never loved much as a child...in fact I,m sure I was dropped as a baby on pourpose ...seems to have had a strange affect - but I cant THINK what.....

At this rate , it looks like next summer I,ll be saying a cheerio to me Nova if my Isa ,s mature enough...it seems to be a constant battle of rust n repair , that the rust is winning . Praps its time to put the money into a more beneficial set of wheels..........

Iain
23-08-05, 07:38 PM
On mine the drivers side was rusted considerably more than the passengers side. Here's the beaut:

http://djh-solutions.co.uk/iain/pic-2.png

Come on, anybody's got more rust than that? :P

General Baxter
23-08-05, 07:45 PM

you dont stand a chance :wink: :lol:

novaco
23-08-05, 08:26 PM
On mine the drivers side was rusted considerably more than the passengers side. Here's the beaut:

http://djh-solutions.co.uk/iain/pic-2.png

i wish i had ov took pics of my drivers door before i cut it up. the hole bottom end of the dor was duck taped together when i bought the car was so funny to see.

i must admit the bottom of my passenger door is realy bad too. that bad that when i shut the door the bottom still sticks out about an inch off the car lmao!

notenuffhoursintheday
23-08-05, 08:27 PM
theres this stuff called waxocil sommit like that made from hamerrte try that stuff its like thick gunk :D

-tucny-
24-08-05, 12:07 PM
iv always found that the drivers door rusts more. must be that i dont have many passangers :cry:

the last drivers door iv got was perfect everywhere with the exception of the middle of the bottom. when i hit it with a screw driver, it went straight through. just cutting the middle out at the mo and welding a new section, rust proofing it, coating with polyester resin, joint sealer and waxoyl. id like to see the twat rust again then!

SRimon
24-08-05, 12:36 PM
i dont have ANY rust! :lol:

Jos
24-08-05, 01:03 PM
My drivers door is rust-heaven :?

the entire bottom half of the door is rusted through, I have blinking white duct tape over the outside so it actually looks ok from a distance.

I have two new doors (rust free :!: ) which I will fit before I have the car re-sprayed

burgo
24-08-05, 02:24 PM
actually i find with all the novas ive seen that the drivers side rusts more. the passenger side is usually rust free

Mike.
24-08-05, 07:56 PM
both doors on my nova were rotton, the drivers door was botched with wire mesh and about 3 tonnes of filler, and the door skin on the passeger door was comming off :lol:

ade
24-08-05, 07:58 PM
problem starts with the mastic that seals the folds from outer to inner panels being compromised - usually around the drain holes.

I rebuilt both the bottoms of my doors in fibreglass and theyre solid as feck!

8)

Mike.
24-08-05, 08:09 PM
i was going to rebuild my doors but then i bought 2 mint doors for 40quid :D