PDA

View Full Version : Oil cooler

morley
23-08-05, 02:30 PM
Anybody no where i can get hold of an oil cooler (pipes sandwich plate etc.) for my C20XE Astra engine.

having trouble finding them on the web.

are they engine specific or will another type fit say from a Cavalier etc.

Also do i really need one?

Stuart
23-08-05, 02:41 PM
not needed unless your ragging the fcuk out of it on track etc.....

tweeks sell them etc.

try phoning people rather than hiding on the net, you wont find anything usefullby doing that lol

-Bruce-
23-08-05, 06:16 PM
Just have a look in a scrappy for a 20XE!! If you find one it should have a cooler.

Bruce

stock hatch rac
25-08-05, 09:08 PM
try www.thinkauto.com

these are one of the brands of cooler tweeks sell - and it will be cheaper from think direct

O.J.
27-08-05, 05:25 AM
never used the coller my selfe. I dont think its needed too. The thermostat on the oil cooler switch it self will not open until the oil is extremly hot. So thats why I don`t use it. M-tec also says it`s no reel cause to use it, but there is the "cool" look.

stock hatch rac
27-08-05, 08:49 PM
never used the coller my selfe. I dont think its needed too. The thermostat on the oil cooler switch it self will not open until the oil is extremly hot. So thats why I don`t use it. M-tec also says it`s no reel cause to use it, but there is the "cool" look.

My cooler does not have a switch - it is partt of the whole oil system.

However I agree unless you are giving your car lots of revs and making it work hard you probably dont need one