PDA

View Full Version : Electrical nitemare

kieronharrop
23-08-05, 10:59 AM
Just had an electrician out to my car to try and sort out the electrical faults on it and he has informed me the loom has been burnt out- stuff has been by passed from the fuse box and basically its a fire hazard.

Reccomendations are to either pay for new loom etc etc coming in at over thousand pounds- scary!!!!!!!!

Or to reshell it swapping all the exterior bits over.

Was considering a petrol transplant into it anyway so would ste nova or somebody replace the inside and outside loom when they changed the engine because i'm somewaht fond of the shell since it took me over a year to complete just the shell.

the car is a 1990 1.5 TD isuzu engine vauxhall nova

Stuart
23-08-05, 11:26 AM
LMAO ?1000 for a nova loom?!!??!?! WTF

i paid ?80 for all the stuff to make a complete llom from sctrach.

where are you based?
the best way to learn to do something is by actually doing it so try the reshell yourself.......

kieronharrop
23-08-05, 11:34 AM
I'm in chester- ideally i wanna keep this shell anybody fancy fitting a new inside and outside loom on my car for some cash or some beer or both.
Hell i might even throw in my girlfriend if you do a good job.

jamie gsi16v
23-08-05, 11:39 AM
pics of your girlfriend :lol: its very easy to replace your loom, find another loom, whip your dash out and start unplugging everything, make any notes of things which you may forget, very easy, 3hr job tops?

kieronharrop
23-08-05, 11:47 AM
you do a good job you can have her, lol

jamie gsi16v
23-08-05, 11:50 AM
you really dont think much of her do you? it really is simple, put an advert up wanting a loom then just set too it and rip everything apart its as easy as giving your girlfriend away!

Aragorn
23-08-05, 10:04 PM
get a petrol loom from scrappy and go from there

Ste_Nova
24-08-05, 08:56 AM
i can repair the loom... got any pics?

or a swap to a petrol loom is easy... just source a loom from a new arival at the scrappys

kieronharrop
24-08-05, 12:05 PM
of what the loom?

Jack
24-08-05, 12:28 PM
I'll have the gf :lol:

Loom's not too hard to figure out, just take each component at a time - A few hours with a haynes diagram and my nova taught me basic electrics :) (yes dunova so I could fit my neons and be a wikkid chav innit lol)

Ste_Nova
24-08-05, 10:21 PM
of what the loom?

yeh the damage that has been caused