PDA

View Full Version : seam welding

rosco2000
23-08-05, 09:37 AM
hi there Im I better to stitch up my engine bay as Im only puting in 1.6 8v or is it ok just to leave it? thanks again

Stuart
23-08-05, 10:18 AM
if youve got a welder and a clear engine bay, then its worth it imo. but deffo stictch and not seam weld it ;) i know mines seamed but we got carried away with the welder lol

dunova
23-08-05, 10:20 AM
For a 1.6 8v is it really worth it? I mean, if you've got the welder there and the engine's out you might aswell, but i don't think i'd bother if you'd need to higher one/pay to have it done.

rosco2000
23-08-05, 03:29 PM
thanks for that I think I will just stitch weld the bay as the engine out and I have all the welding gear to do the job so first good day its back to the welding ye ha cant wait

Dan
23-08-05, 06:13 PM
For a 1.6 8v is it really worth it? I mean, if you've got the welder there and the engine's out you might aswell, but i don't think i'd bother if you'd need to higher one/pay to have it done.

depends on what the engine is about and what the car will be used for, the stitch weld doesnt just stop the panels coming apart lol. Negativity, dont you just love it :wink: :P