PDA

View Full Version : Anoying fuel Guage

scott.parker
22-08-05, 09:33 PM
Right this is really pissing me off now,it started doing this about a year ago did it for a few months on and off one day fine the next buggerd,then it stopt till just this last week..

The problem is my fuel gage will go from working fine,then it will show the low fuel light and then go from where it was reading the level inb the tank to right off the gage to the far right,i think it si something to do with the actual gage on the dials cus if you press on the clear plastic front on just behind the steering wheel colum it comes back on,some times it stays on other times it just go's back off(and im not going to try driving the car while holding the dam dash down hard) :lol:

So can it be fix easy or can i replace the fuel gage withough replacing the hole dash dials?

Cheers for any help in .

Scott

Jack
22-08-05, 09:45 PM
Have you checked the fuel sender - could be dirty? Earths and cabling, maybe the wire has rubbed a bit and its shorting out somewhere?

But yeah, its not had to pull the dials aparty and put them back together, I've done it a couple of times. Still got the left over screws too :lol:

Dod
22-08-05, 11:29 PM
mate i know the feeling, mine has my head wreaked. Its started working properly now but the temp guage has stopped now. I'm at my wits end. My father is an electrition and doesn't know whats wrong either. Its a balls hi!!!

Aragorn
23-08-05, 12:44 AM
my bros fuel guage in his SRi dials would randomly go right to the top now and then and eventually it did it everytime

dials were fucked, replaced them and it sorted it

scott.parker
23-08-05, 12:54 AM
Can i just rrplace the fuel guage part buy its self?

Scott

bump
23-08-05, 06:10 PM
yep you can mate
all you got to do is get the clock module out
then pop off the perspex front
undo the 3 or 4 nuts on the back of the fuel gauge
if you have the led one you'll need to take out the temp gauge too
drop in your new fuel gage do nuts back up and refit
enjoy!!