PDA

View Full Version : C20XE fuel pump position????

morley
22-08-05, 08:49 AM
I have just bought a C20XE engine and am gunna be putting it into my 1.3SR Nova MkI. I dont no a great deel about engines and thats whY i am asking for a bit of advise.

I have all the bits required to put it in me Nova cos it came out of another nova.

The thing is my car is a carb engine but i have heard there can be a problem with the fuel pressure, the guy i got the engine from had the same problem.

He had the fuel pump in the engine bay so the normal petrol tank and fuel lines could be used with just high pressure lines from the pump into the engine.

My question is is this a good idea or am i asking for trouble and should i just change tank & put in high pressure lines for the C20XE.

Lee
22-08-05, 10:39 AM
not a real problem doing it that way, Valvers.com gives you that option.

The other way of doing it without changing the tank is to run a small pump from the tank at the back, pumping into a swirl pot, then have another pump from that to the fuel pressure reg. That eliminates the fuel surge from not having a baffled tank.

Aragorn
23-08-05, 12:51 AM
do it properly and fit an EFi tank and pump

with the pump in the bay you'll just end up damaging the pump itself as its designed as a gravity fed high pressure line pump not a lift pump

yuo will also get surge problems when cornering

fit a GTE tank and pump or 1.2i tank with astra/cav mpi pump

Riggy
23-08-05, 07:44 PM
i have to say i wouldnt do it that way :o

lee h tryed it with his yellow valver and it wasnt great and was runing lean and fucked up a couple of xe's

Philsutton
23-08-05, 08:09 PM
i did it that way while i was running the injection system befoer i got my carbs on.