PDA

View Full Version : Rally report - Wugging stages, Colerne, Saturday August 20th

BigRuss
21-08-05, 09:22 AM
As a few of you know I did this rally yesterday, the pressure was on as I am booked in at Trax in two weeks so wouldn't really have time to fix any major body repairs or mechanical problems :?

I'll keep this short as I'm knackered and nipping out for a while this morning :lol:

I started car 31, but finished 12th Overall and 1st in class by about 4 and a half minutes :wink:

On the last rally I managed to beat all the 1600's but couldn't manage it again on this one (it didn't rain, prob would have if it had) however if it's any concelation the 1600's I was beaten by are an ex-works Vauxhall Corsa C super 1600, and a group "A" Civic. Both over 200bhp with the corsa pushing out 225 :o

I think the Civic beat me by about 15 secs with the Corsa beating Me by about 50 secs. Not bad over 65 miles :wink: 8)

The best bit is though...............................

I didn't put a scratch on the Car :o :o :o

We only had one small problem all day, the fan belt spun on SS4, Dan spotted it and sorted, well done mate :wink:

See You all at Trax....

scott.parker
21-08-05, 09:51 AM
Nice one mate,you did realy well there,glad to here the car came out unscaved from it also.

Any pictures? im sure Dan took some.

Scott

srs1
21-08-05, 10:24 AM
good one russ.

i will assume you are more then made up now.

how does leave you now in the championship?

its good to have dan there with his overalls to help lol. you dirty spanner monkey. lol

but well done russ, good to hear the car is ok and i shall see you at trax (please dont come on track when i am) prob just cursed myself.

Dan
21-08-05, 10:39 AM
No pics from my side i'm afraid, i went along to be a service crew for him again rather than all out spectator so the camera etc stays at home.

Well for starters lets just say i wasnt as busy as last time lmao, got to the point where i was actually trying hard to find a fault to fiddle with (hence i found the belt had 1/2 spun rather than simply broke). Apart from that the day went very smoothly with just basic checks to keep the car on form. Oh i did repair/form a makeshift bracket to keep the car going for the last 2 stages. The power steering bracket had given way so a piece of copper pipe 9" long, one bolt and 3 cable ties seen the job done (dont ask lol, it was a safe repair with a very limited time scale to get it done)

During the day with time to spare i also managed to be of help to another bunch competing there. After selling them one of russ's gearbox oil tubs :wink: i seen they were having trouble with gear selection, so I shot across and within 5 minutes they were back up and running with all gears and managed to get across to scrutineering for the trophy rally in the afternoon.

All in all a very good day with great weather, as said russ came first in class and actually came back with something resembling a nova :o and the lads i helped out won the trophy rally aswell.

Ian
21-08-05, 11:14 AM
pikey!

I bet russ didnt know you sold it either :p

Rexy
21-08-05, 11:45 AM
Well done russ lad keep up the class winning work fella.

I think the max power stickers must of hindered your performance this time, Not beating a 225brake corsa I'm shocked lol :lol:

lara_croft
21-08-05, 12:56 PM
hey, coincidence!

the guy you helped with fixing the gearbox is my dad (part of the service crew for the guy who drove it yesterday) and he is very grateful for the extra pair of hands!! that car is regularly at my house for engine adds and rebuilds, i never see my dad!!! he says the gearbox cant handle the power of the engine anymore so a new stronger one may have to be on the cards,when the money is available!

well done for your placing too mate!!

benji
21-08-05, 01:19 PM
well done russ. what's you ranking now then? i presume you will be in this wednesdays motorsport paper aswell

Dan
21-08-05, 01:41 PM
hey, coincidence!

the guy you helped with fixing the gearbox is my dad (part of the service crew for the guy who drove it yesterday) and he is very grateful for the extra pair of hands!!

lol small world :lol: , we're all there for the same thing and its good to club together as its never nice to see others struggling if you might be of help and have the time to spare 8) Never know when you might need a hand yourself in the future

Dan
21-08-05, 05:13 PM
pikey!

I bet russ didnt know you sold it either :p

russ was well aware of it from the moment i gave them the tub so they could top up their gearbox http://xrtwo.creativesell.com/forums/images/smiles/nerner.gif .

nova---chris
21-08-05, 11:16 PM
you sure russ was driving?
I just cant understand the scratch situation?? Not even a damaged wing mirror?

good result mate well done!! and well done to the pit crew. gotta love cable ties!!!!

Riggy
21-08-05, 11:22 PM
excellent mate sounds like a good day

and glad car is ok so we can watch it at trax again :lol:

Philsutton
21-08-05, 11:29 PM
and glad car is ok so we can watch it at trax again

ah that was fun last year, seriously hammered a mr2 turbo i think it was an you started much further down the line

NovaBen
22-08-05, 02:55 AM
Ahh, congrats to Russ. It was a shame i wasn't there to make it a Novaload 1 - 2 in class again like the last event!
Colerne is a rather fast event isn't it Russ?!! :lol:
Well, i've only got 1 more rally lined up for this year and that is Smetharpe in October, not sure if you're going to be there but i'll catch up with you at Trax.

See ya soon mate

Ben 8)

BigRuss
22-08-05, 08:35 AM
I think the max power stickers must of hindered your performance this time

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry Rexy, took them off!!!

i presume you will be in this wednesdays motorsport paper aswell

:wink: Should be, but you'll have to look real hard to find it :wink:

nova---chris Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you sure russ was driving?
I just cant understand the scratch situation?? Not even a damaged wing mirror?

:o :o Chris, it was Me :D it was a rally My navigator and myself had never done before, just took it sensible in the morning ( :o I know) but started over driving the car so tidied up in the afternoon and had a really good day.

NovaBen, might see you at Smeartharpe mate. Depends what date it is tbh. How's the USofA treating you????

Thanks for the comments guys, We are having a good 2005 season for sure :D Well so far anyway :roll:

Jim
22-08-05, 10:40 AM
Congrats Russ, keep it up :)

Jim

NovaBen
23-08-05, 03:12 AM
The rally at Smetharpe is on 22nd October, its been moved from the 15th! Its a very tidy lil' event!! Bit slippy when wet but altogether, very nice.
The USofA is treating me well, working on a Radical SR3 and a Daytona Prototype at the mo!! Oh, and loving it up on the boat out in the lakes!!! Its no less then 90degrees out here at the mo!! Hehehe.

Ben 8)

benji
27-08-05, 01:26 PM
i presume you will be in this wednesdays motorsport paper aswell

:wink: Should be, but you'll have to look real hard to find it :wink:

it's in there, but how long have you had a astra? lol

BigRuss
27-08-05, 03:07 PM
it's in there, but how long have you had a astra? lol

I know, they make loads of mistakes :roll: they've got my name wrong loads of times in the past too......

A bit annoying really, you put in loads of time and money and the reporting weekly paper don't give you the coverage it deserves :roll:

tinyrally1
30-08-05, 05:42 PM
Hi Russ, its Tim. Im the big guy (Tim) who comes up with Anton to service. Both you and Haydn were on it from the start that weekend. Keep it up and may see you at Smeatharpe. Its only 75 miles away from where i live.

PS any News on Beggars points and appeal

BigRuss
30-08-05, 07:59 PM
Not sure if we'll be doing that Tim tbh, theres another guy on here who will be though, NovaBen, he's got a 1400 16v Nova rally car.

It's local for him too...

tinyrally1
30-08-05, 08:08 PM
No worries.

The surface isnt much cop compared to Colerne or Keevil, but ive marshalled up there for the last few years and its nearly always wet.

Ill look out for Ben up there, ill try to speak to him if i find him.

Best of luck chaps

BigRuss
30-08-05, 08:12 PM
He replied on this post 5 or 6 posts up, click on his profile. His rally car is on there.

tinyrally1
30-08-05, 08:35 PM
Looks good Ben. Ill try to pop over and have a good look during the lunch break.

If any1 is around Devon at the weekend, Im doing Wiscombe Hillclimb, not far from Honiton.

Jack
30-08-05, 10:41 PM
If any1 is around Devon at the weekend, Im doing Wiscombe Hillclimb, not far from Honiton.
Thats near my neck of the woods, might go have a looksee...