PDA

View Full Version : Optional extra spotlights for Mk1 SR (later bumper model)

tony8169
20-08-05, 10:25 PM
I am after a pair of the optional extra spot lights that were made available for the Mk1 SR (later front bumper model), i had a pair fitted to my SR 8years ago and now i have another SR i want some lights for it.
please help me out!!!!
im also after a pic of a car with them on so i know roughly where to space them on the bumper.
any info greatfully received.
Cheers,
Tony.

mikey14sr
21-08-05, 12:56 PM
like the ones I've got? Mine were one of two sets which were on e-bay as part of a dealer clearence earlier this year. they came without instructions and after two months of pestering vauxhall themselves i discovered that they don't have any of the parts left in stock.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/mickyd79/Project/HPIM1504.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/mickyd79/Project/ff_3.jpg

tony8169
23-08-05, 11:03 PM
Unfortunatly the lights you have on your car are different to mine,
the ones i had fitted to the bumper, the base was a rubbery/abs type of mount and fitted just either side of the numberplate and the spot light sat just inboard of the headlight itself with a plastic grill over, they were genuine GM items.
the base looked like the washer jet mounts for the headlight washers on the origional SR adverts. (if that helps)
Cheers,
Tony.

Jack
24-08-05, 10:37 AM
I think I know what ones you mean... little rectangle ones that sit in the front grille right?

Riggy
24-08-05, 05:52 PM
^^^ yeah think there the ones he means jack :wink: my mate had them fitted to his invader bout 6 yrs back lol

and infack there is a nova round here with them on now , ill try get a pic when i see it next :lol:

tony8169
25-08-05, 04:16 PM
Sorry guys the spotlights i had were round about 5-6inch in diameter and had a plastic grill in black over the top.
They sat inboard of the lights over the grill.
Hope someone has some pics?
Cheers,
Tony.

mikey14sr
25-08-05, 07:03 PM
Ahhh, driving lights, mine are the fogs, but I do remember seeing a couple of nova's with what you're describing. I think the part numbers might still be on the EPC, I'll have a look later.

tony8169
01-09-05, 08:46 PM
Has anyone any more info on these lights please???
Cheers,
Tony.

tony8169
07-09-05, 09:08 PM
still needing info on these lights please?
Cheers,
Tony.