PDA

View Full Version : new contact lenses!

ade
20-08-05, 06:27 PM
OOOOOHHHHHH!!!!

Been wearing glasses for some 18 years now and got totally fed up with them slipping down me face when I'm all sweaty - cant play football (I used to be a good goalie) and hate it wien they irritate the bit behind yer ears!
So I thought fook it - time for some contacts - got them yesterday.

Never worn contacts before - except once when I had to use a set for a weekend whilst in Australia after I lost my glasses in the feckin sea (freak wave knocked them off me head!).

So - got these ones yesterday and theyre really comfortable - have a blueish tinge.

Put them in todaye though and they recked like hell. Finally got them to settle down - went to work (bummer as its a gorgeous day here) and they bugged me all day - took them out and put them back in but still no joy - all blurred and tickled the feck out me eyes.

So went back to opticians and told him what the problem was - he took them out - cleaned them up and popped them back in and they were perfect - could even read the bottom line on the chart!

Asked him what he did and he looked at me funny like - apparantly I;d somehow put the ;left lens in my right eye and vice versa!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Feckin idiot Am I!

Oh well - never make that mistake again!

Thing is the feckin case is even marked L for Left and R for Right as well as being colour coded!

:oops: :lol:

anyone else had contact lense trauma!

Jack
20-08-05, 06:34 PM
Yup, I've been wearing gas permeables for about 8 or 9 years now.... hehe, I remember bereaking one in a crappy tescos case (the case was curved and I put the lense in the wrong way.. whoops lol) then wondering why it hurt like hell and I couldn't see crap all when I put it in - took it out to have a look and it had a gaping cracked hole in the middle :lol:

Lenses are soooo much better than glasses... I can't use glasses any more, they give me a really bad headache after about 5 mins of use!

dunova
20-08-05, 07:16 PM
I've been wearing contacts for afew years, but i've recently upgraded to one's you can leave in when you go to sleep :D Makes life sooo much easier-especially when you're on the piss and you don't know where you're going to end up at the end of the night :wink:

Gas permeables are shit-i know someone that wears them and they always fall out. Mine are the soft one's and never fall out!

I don't know why anyone even wears glasses anymore when there's contacts or eye ops. Glasses are horrible!

James B
20-08-05, 07:18 PM
i dont need glasses or contacts, which is fortunate, but was reading your little story ade lol - if they say L and R on them, how would you see until you'd got the contact lenses in anyway...??

Its almost as stupid as what happened to me recently. Losy my bank card in a night club. And couldnt find the number to call to report it lost or stolen. Why? Because its printed on the back of the fecking card that I just lost. Well done whoevers idea that was!

Riggy
20-08-05, 07:28 PM
^^^ PMSL 2 very good points lol

as for glasses /contacts etc - i was supposed to wear glasses since i was about 4 or 5 but i didnt like them so i stood on them and broke them (nhs ones lol)

although they wouldnt work now as my eye is fucked lol :lol:

dunova
20-08-05, 07:39 PM
i dont need glasses or contacts, which is fortunate, but was reading your little story ade lol - if they say L and R on them, how would you see until you'd got the contact lenses in anyway...??

Its almost as stupid as what happened to me recently. Losy my bank card in a night club. And couldnt find the number to call to report it lost or stolen. Why? Because its printed on the back of the fecking card that I just lost. Well done whoevers idea that was!

Well peeps that need glasses/contacts aren't completely blind without them! :lol: I'm short sighted, so can see things within a couple of meters perfectly, but anything far away is blurry as feck.

As for the card thing, thats fecking retarded :lol:

Jack
20-08-05, 07:45 PM
^ lmfao wanna bet? To read this size text it would have to be about 5cm from my nose :lol:

When I was at school, there was a kid who thought if i took my glasses off I'd be totally blind, as in everything was black :lol:

Although its suprising really, I was born with duff eyes (they've always been this bad) so I'm used to it - I can happily go round with my natural vision - even drive - and not feel like I can't see. I've just learnt what things look like blurry, and some things are easier to see as I find it much easier to pick out movement without my lenses in... :?

Got to stick with gas permeables tho, apparently soft ones won't correct my vision and I can't get laser eye treatment either :(

dunova
20-08-05, 07:54 PM
To read this size text it would have to be about 5cm from my nose :lol:

I can happily go round with my natural vision - even drive

:o :o :o

My eyes will get worse as i grow because they'll become more out of shape :? But i should only grow a lickle bit more so i wont be blind by the time i'm 50 :lol:

I've never understood the colour blind thing tbh How do you know if the colour/word you associate together are different from other peeps? If someone says 'that's red', then you could agree and say 'yes thats red', but you may be seeing it as what i see as green-if you know what i mean :? :lol:

Jack
20-08-05, 08:00 PM
^ obviously I don't drive on the road without my lenses!! Although I could round roads I know, if I didn't need to read any signs :P as I said above on how i find it easier to spot moving objects without my lenses...

dunova
20-08-05, 08:10 PM
Sorry, completely off topic, but Jack do you know of any abandoned airfields? Or just big open bits of tarmac? It's just i want some practice on handling the Omega in the wet-the back has stepped out on me afew times now in the wet and it can be abit scary :o

I could go somewhere and pay, but i'm a tight bastard :lol:

Stuart
20-08-05, 09:39 PM
urgh, im not a fan of my glasses, but id never ever consider contacts.... the idea of poking my finger into my eye with a lump of plastic/glass really makes me feel ill lol.

if i dont put my glasses on when i wake up i can usually get away without them until dusk, but if im going to be using a PC or looking at tv listings on sky then i need them.

Jack
20-08-05, 10:35 PM
Stu they're really not as bad as you think - the eye has no pressure nerves in it, only the eye socket - so as you're only putting them on your eye (not pushing) you don';t feel a thing! Or you can cheat as I sometimes do and put them on the side of your eyeballd and push them across :P

Dunova, yeah you can go to Westonzoyland I think...

dunova
21-08-05, 11:16 AM
Dunova, yeah you can go to Westonzoyland I think...

Ya what?? :?