PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Flux?

Nath
20-08-05, 12:11 PM
anyone still got there insurance with them? i seem to remember that u had to be 19 to have insurance with them? best quote ive got so far is ?860 fully comp on my own on my 1.2

Philsutton
20-08-05, 12:16 PM
yes i think its 19, im trying to get some money out of them at the moment

Nath
20-08-05, 12:26 PM
just done an online quote and lets see what they say. i dont think im gonna get any better than liverpool victoria though

Nath
20-08-05, 12:41 PM
hmmm adrian flux offered me ?788 tpft, they said fully comp id have an excess of ?500!!!! looks like its liverpool victoria for me then

Jack
20-08-05, 03:06 PM
hmmm adrian flux offered me ?788 tpft, they said fully comp id have an excess of ?500!!!!
And consider that your average market value of a Nova is about ?300 lol, they won't pay diddly squat to you in the event of a claim :!:

Nath
20-08-05, 05:04 PM
thats what she said to me on the fone. ohh well im happy with liverpool victoria

Riggy
20-08-05, 05:13 PM
do LV still covers mods :?:

Jack
20-08-05, 05:48 PM
According to their online quote system:

Your vehicle does not have any performance enhancing modifications.

Although that might only apply to the online quote thing, you'll probably get a different story if you ring them (and if not, keep ringing back 5 minutes later until you do :lol:)

leemh1234
23-08-05, 12:23 AM
i got a qoute of fluxy and it was the same a my 1.0 with cis it's a gsi i got with fluxy with all mods declared ?600 with 2 years no claims the best i could find anyway 8)

mad-driver
28-08-05, 01:34 PM
According to their online quote system:

Your vehicle does not have any performance enhancing modifications.

Although that might only apply to the online quote thing, you'll probably get a different story if you ring them (and if not, keep ringing back 5 minutes later until you do :lol:)

Yea they do insure mods if you ring them up Jack, but not online mate

Nath
28-08-05, 04:42 PM
i find them better to ring up anyway, ive got it ?30 cheaper than online

Jack
28-08-05, 10:51 PM
Yeah, despite what TV adverts would have you believe, ringing round usually works out the cheaper option. Call centre staff are often given a small percentage leeway on the quotes to try and beat a competitor, which an online system won't do.

Tazzy
01-09-05, 02:56 AM
ive phoned AF a douzen times, and not once have they give me a quote, they take my details then say they cant give me a quote and im getting quite sick of it!

im currently with LV but they dont insure modified cars (well they wont insure me on a modified car anyway!) thats why ive told them my car is standard, so come november, i need to look for a new insurer, and i want to go with AF cuz they insure modified cars, plus the fact that im 22 with 2 yrs ncb, i think i should get a good quote, if they decide to finally tell me!

Jack
01-09-05, 09:15 AM
Try HIC... or at your age you could be quite lucky with Admiral/Elephant (who do cover mods)

Stoo
01-09-05, 11:52 AM
Im with adrain flux and im paying ?1400 FC on an XEd nova! Just turned 21 2 yrs ncb and ALL MODIFICATIONS DECLARED! And theres plenty of em!!

Includes guaranteed value of ?6000
Salvage retention
Trackday cover
Breakdown recovery

Dont thinki its too bad really!

Tazzy
14-09-05, 11:53 PM
my brother is with AF and he said the only reason why they are cheap and insure young drivers on modified cars is cuz once they get your money, they are very reluctant to pay out, so if you make a claim, you WONT get anything!

but thats just like LV, they wanted me to admit fault for a crash a had when it wasnt my fault, the b!tch turned across my lane!

but due to LV not wanting to insure me on a modified car (eventually my project SR) i need to look elsewhere!

chris gsi
16-09-05, 02:17 PM
i just got cover from AF a few weeks ago and for a 2.0 16v nova gsi i pay about ?600 fully comp