PDA

View Full Version : Side repeater and ariel removal

Iain
19-08-05, 03:33 PM
Just removed my front drivers side wheel arch and I'm struggling to unwire the ariel and side repeater so I can fully remove it. Can anybody help me out?

-tucny-
19-08-05, 03:52 PM
look under the drivers front wheel arch and there is diamond shaped bit of plastic held in by 2 screws, thats the holder that the ariel sits in, so undo that as for the side repeaters - i cant bloody remember its been so long since i took my wings off!

Iain
19-08-05, 04:10 PM
The ariel is disconnected from the holder on the diamond shaped plastic, but it's still attached to the wing. The problem is they're wired in to the car so I can't take the wing off.

General Baxter
19-08-05, 04:16 PM
easy! cut the wires off the 'Side repeater' and re wire when you put back on!

Iain
19-08-05, 04:22 PM
Bah is that the only way?

Jack
19-08-05, 04:35 PM
You could remove the aerial completely, and run a replacement inside the headlining or A pillar... tidies up the outside a bit...

Iain
20-08-05, 04:08 PM
You could remove the aerial completely, and run a replacement inside the headlining or A pillar... tidies up the outside a bit...

That's a damned good idea. Can you, or anybody, suggest a suitable aerial which will fit nicely in the A pillar? All the ones I've found are too long, wide or have a fat ass plastic bit at the bottom.