PDA

View Full Version : Old Old Old Notice About Fuel that wont work

andyhayes77
19-08-05, 01:31 PM
A Brainstorming money saving idea!!!

READ ON.

We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying ?1 a ltr. Want petrol prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action.

The "don't buy petrol on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.

It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (and not buy at ESSO/BP). How long would all that take? If each of us sends this note out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this note, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso

Austin_Nova16
19-08-05, 01:38 PM
mate, this has been going on for years! never going to work i'm sorry to say!

Matt2107
19-08-05, 01:39 PM
It'll never work.

It's just something we're gonna have to accept if we wanna drive cars.

Jack
19-08-05, 01:42 PM
We need an old news smiley lol

Not going to happen.. as said on other forums where do you think supermarkets get their fuel from? And it will probably push up the price of petrol.

If you want cheap petrol, migrate to the US lol

Although, just in case, don't hit Shell as I still want Optimax :lol:

andyhayes77
19-08-05, 02:35 PM
mate, this has been going on for years! never going to work i'm sorry to say!

Well for my next idea strip engines and replace with a cogs n pedels

in all seriousness im well pi#@ed with the price of petrol I spend about ?50 to ?60 per week and heres the best bit I drive a 1litre car.

Jack
19-08-05, 03:02 PM
Yeah, but how many miles do you get on that?

Try spending the same amount, not even filling your tank up to the top (yeah in one fill) then only getting ~300 miles... lol

Jim
19-08-05, 03:07 PM
in all seriousness im well pi#@ed with the price of petrol I spend about ?50 to ?60 per week and heres the best bit I drive a 1litre car.

It wouldn't happen to be a 1litre Nova would it? Chances are it's probably over 13 years old, so it's not going to return the same sort of fuel economy as a modern day car. How many miles are you doing? If you are doing relatively low miles then you need to address your driving technique. Are you thrashing the car about, are you tyres in good order, and is your alignment ok? as this can increase fuel consumption believe it or not.

This protest has been tried many, many times before, yet fuel prices still go up, just one of them things.

If you don't live far from work then cycle instead?

Jim

Riggy
19-08-05, 03:13 PM
lol even driving with your windows open increases petrol useage :lol:

Ste L
19-08-05, 05:57 PM
carrying passengers uses more petrol aswell,

strip the interior, less weight = less fuel used :lol:

peester
19-08-05, 06:07 PM
keep ur car std; mpg shudnt go down if u dont tune it, lol.

Mike.
19-08-05, 06:19 PM
strip the interior, less weight = less fuel used :lol:

lol, glad i did that :lol:

Dave
19-08-05, 06:48 PM
this one doing the rounds again is it lol
i work in road transport an as part of my old job was to get some understanding of 'how it works'
was quite interesting!

most garages use the same refineries (shell/tesco/asda/sainsbury/bp) to get the fuel onboard then take it to their filling stations themselves
but most have differnet grades of fuel eg nomal and city diesel and normal and optimax petrol
it's priced differently due to the cost of removing the impurities in the better quality fuels!

it will do nothing boycotting the filling stations! where it hurst is when you block the refinery so the trucks can't move the fuel out
then the companies incomes are effected!

and remember that tax is the main part of the price we pay so the government are really to blame not the petrol stations!

best bet would be to buy it direct from a fuel company in bulk then savings are greater!
i used to buy it in for the trucks an a 60,000 ltr tanker of diesel would cost about 75-80p a ltr depending on supplier

there are many things that can be done to boost fuel economy!
simple ones are
don't rag the t1ts off you car everywhere
remove all possible unneeded weight like sound systems an stuff on long journies

fact of live is if we want to drive we have to buy fuel!

sorry for the rant :lol:

Jack
19-08-05, 07:57 PM
best bet would be to buy it direct from a fuel company in bulk then savings are greater!
i used to buy it in for the trucks an a 60,000 ltr tanker of diesel would cost about 75-80p a ltr depending on supplier
Group buy anyone? :lol:

Lee
19-08-05, 10:58 PM
thats a lot of flippin jerry cans!!

Jack
19-08-05, 11:02 PM
lmfao @ the original post title change :lol:

NovaBen
20-08-05, 01:08 AM
Well just to make everyone jealous, i'm in the US at the mo, and the fuel price is roughly 25p per litre!!! Shame i cant bring any back with me!

Ben

Jack
20-08-05, 01:42 AM
... but then American cars drink 4x as much fuel :lol:

I'm sure I read somewhere their usual fuels are really crappy RON/MON ratings too...

NovaBen
20-08-05, 02:27 AM
Well we've just done a 5500mile round trip from South Boston, Virginia to Reno, Nevada and we were averaging 13mpg in my uncles Ford F-350 towing a 36foot goose neck trailer! And everyone thought Twin carbs drank fuel!!!!!
Ben 8)