PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Stalks?

r0b
18-08-05, 11:15 PM
hey ppl

This has probably been asked before but im considering puttin some corsa stalks in my nova just to modernise a lil.

Just wondered, do they just pull out or do you have to take the steering column off to get at em?

Cheers
Rob.

Ste L
18-08-05, 11:26 PM
just to clips holding each stalk on, really easy to do and they are a stright swap

r0b
19-08-05, 12:10 AM
cheers mate :wink:

Jack
19-08-05, 08:47 AM
I know the Nova stalks you'll need to take the steering column shroud off (as the stalks slide downwards to come off). Dunno about the Corsa ones though.

SRimon
22-08-05, 02:27 PM
shroud has to come off, and its a nightmare to put back on from my expereince...

Ive got a set of corsa stalks in mine

Adam
22-08-05, 03:32 PM
shroud has to come off, and its a nightmare to put back on from my expereince...

Ive got a set of corsa stalks in mine
I'll 2nd that.
The top half of the shroud is an absolute t**t to get off.
You have to bend it, and lever it off, it scratched the top of my steering wheel, and then i couldn't get it back on due to the stalks. :evil:

Its a right pain in the a**e job.

The easiest way would be take the steering wheel off, i would guess that the shroud would come off, and back on easily then.

SRimon
22-08-05, 03:36 PM
nah just as hard with the steering wheel off dude lol

Adam
22-08-05, 03:40 PM
nah just as hard with the steering wheel off dude lol
Lol.
Looks like Rob is in for a fight then.
Just keep at it mate, the top half does eventually go back on, but its a very tight fit.

Ste L
22-08-05, 06:32 PM
i find it easy to take the top half off, with or without steering wheel

Dod
22-08-05, 07:38 PM
i find it easy to take the top half off, with or without steering wheel

Same as, theres a nack to it, just take your time, then get a bit think, then Really angry and swear at it and that'll sort it.

Ste L
22-08-05, 07:47 PM
yea, true, just bend it a certain way, and it comes off soo easy

NovaGuy1400SRi
23-08-05, 04:13 PM
i got mine on a different way, take out the white clips holding the bit plastic the stalks clip into, take it off the column a bit, put the column cover top half on, put the plastic back in, bottom white clip is easy to get back in, top one isnt quite so easy but if u keep at it you will get it, dunno how i'd get mine back off though!

sickrabbit
23-08-05, 04:30 PM
Should be attempting to fit some stalks sometime this week if Royal Snail pull their fingers out and deliver my ebay win......

sickrabbit
28-08-05, 09:03 PM
The haynes manual instructs to remove the keylock in position 2 of ignition beforeyou,ll be able to pry the top shroud off to replace the stalks ...its an easy job till it comes to replacing the into its location , I,ve done all this and now I cant replace the keylock ......avoid this upgrade.

pmitch5
02-09-05, 02:01 PM
well a small cheap modification corsa stalks from scrappys ?3.50 and 45 minutes of my time and hey presto iv got corsa stalks on my nova its fairly easy to get the casing off needs a nack to it called abuse.lol

novamadcars
02-09-05, 02:20 PM
ill defently be puting corsa stalks in my new sr when i get it