PDA

View Full Version : Its been a while!! (big essay time)

Mike
18-08-05, 08:44 PM
Hello all! how is everyone?

Some of you may remember from back in 't' day when I was a regular user and also from this years MK meet in January (when is the next one??)

However, I've not sufficied to the Corsa 'crew massive' or became a Paxo chav, I still have my old Nova!

I've made a few a changes just recently and been on ebay quite a lot but at the minute I've not got hold of a decent digi cam to show you my latest workings......

As you may know, my Nova in my sig was stolen in June 2004 and found again minus everything, so I went on a mission buying parts left, right and center (at a cost of around ?6.5K+) to get it rebuilt. Its now getting there, all I'm waiting on is a fresh layer of Vauxhall Flame red and some Compomotives to boot!

Its undergoune some changes, its now caged up, sparco bucketed and weber fed! Along with an Ashley system and manifold and a blydenstien b+ head (?100!! brand new). Topped of with a set of T40's and a Nova sport inlet manifold and airbox! Looks very neat. I just need some samco's and chrome bits?

It now has GSi brakes with brembo pads and vented an grooved disks, a full Jamex suspension kit, along with braided brake line's and a whole host of new body panels consisting of, x2 new front wings, x2 new doors, x2 new rear arches, x2 new syll panels, x4 inner arches and x1 new slam panel! Along with a new steering column and Qauife quick rack, and my own custom ignition loom as I was to skint at the time to pay a auto sparky to do it!

The rear seating area has been replaced with an entire false floor and a huge chrome rear strut brace lives in there along with the other end to my harnesses and a nice fresh OMP roll cage!! Oh, and I finally purchased a set of clear rear lights aswell!

The rear 'door' cards have since been replaced with genuine carbon fibre items and in the cabin now lives a pair of sparco sprints in blue with three point harnesses (in blue) a 3 spoke sparco steering wheel and a nice momo gearknob and handbrake lever.

Its getting there! Gradually? But after approx ?6.5k it should be?

My future plans are to get all the pics up including a step by step guide with photos on how to fit T40's to an SR. And get it rolling roaded of course!

By the time you read this far down youv'e probably feel asleep like, its an essay I know but I'd never let any of those thieving scum get one over on me!!

Some one let me know when the next novaload meet is and you may well see me there!?

Just though I'd keep you horrible lot upto date!

Until next time.

Mike :D

Riggy
18-08-05, 10:07 PM
sounds good mate

get your arse down to trax :lol:

Mike
19-08-05, 07:48 AM
Trax? whens that? im not really upto date with this years shows tbh. Ive changed jobs (yet again!) and im thinking of either reshelling to a 1ltr merit in white or going all out fast road 1.6 16v power in my SR shell.

If i do either, itll be the end of this year ready for the next show season :?:

Matt2107
19-08-05, 01:06 PM
Sounds excellent mate.

Cant wait to see the T40 guide.

Mike
20-08-05, 08:11 AM
The guide will be based around fitting them to an SR, so it nothing like 'remove this wiring loom' melarky!

It will have power figures for a set of T40's complete with an irmscher airbox and kn'n panel filter, along with a B+ billy head and a manifold and system.

I'm jusst waiting on a decent digi cam to come on ebay and a corsa sri accelerator cable.

mike

scott.parker
20-08-05, 09:27 AM
Nice one dude,glad to here its coming on nicely,you never said anything about all this when i saw you at PV you sly bugger :lol:

Scott

Mike
22-08-05, 07:59 AM
ha ha!! :lol:

its coming on nicely now, its just finding time to do it as i now have to drive to work in the nova! so its weekends only at the minute!

mike