PDA

View Full Version : engage the rebels

5T1G
18-08-05, 01:16 PM
I'm thinking of getting the engine rebuilt and need a good garage (west sussex area) to go and see and try get a quote and see what they say. Anyone know off any that aren't cowboys.

I would attempt the job myself but after the little mishaps with the oil have been put of abit.If anyone one here owns a garage in the area CRAWLEY/GATWICK way let me know.

I'm not asking for someone to do ???'s of work for free i have some money and the car itself was a steal and i want it going nice. After a few ideas really i've read the tech artical about tuning the engine but am still unsure of what i want.

Already under the bonnet

BIG valve head
Uprated oil pump
Cams (of some sort)
new plugs leads
and a litre to much of oil lol

any ideas :?:

ToRn
18-08-05, 03:09 PM
I Live in Haywards Heath, and i know a general mechanic who doesnt charge out of the ass if you know what i mean, he says on his Business card that he does car mods, its just i phoned him up a couple of times to ask him to do a few things and he said "i dont normally do that sort of thing" and that was the end of that. but i could get you his number if you like

5T1G
18-08-05, 03:25 PM
yes please mate that'd be great i've been recomended a company called OAP you heard of them?

ToRn
18-08-05, 03:33 PM
No mate where are they located? this guy used to work for a garage but got pissed off with the way the garage was ripping everyone off that he started his own business and has been doin really we he does all my mums work's MOT's and he diagnosed my F**ked radiator which i then replaced.

He seems to know what he is doing.. ill PM you his Number sometime tonight when i can get it off my mum

5T1G
18-08-05, 03:38 PM
Smallfield i think mate, i seen there look up on the way to smallfield race way (banger racing) they got a couple of scoobies and a corsa van but i can't get their number of no one i'll go up there 2night.

Much of a scene up haywards heath i know theres wine bars lol although i've heard of a few quick GTE's

What you running?

ToRn
18-08-05, 03:41 PM
Its my first car so at the moment its only a 1.2, but its been lowered 60mm and its on team dynamic's which i think are 15's but not sure as they where on there when i bought the car.. but my engine needs a fair bit of work it runs a bit rough!