PDA

View Full Version : Choke

ToRn
18-08-05, 11:44 AM
When i start my car i start it on a hill (my drive is quite steep) and i pull the choke out half way cause that is all it needs, but then when ive backed it off the hill and take my foot of the throttle to put it in 1st in 7/10 cuts out and is a pain to get it going again. Is it because its sitting on a hill?

ToRn
18-08-05, 11:46 AM
ive also bought a new distributor cap for it and was wondering what decent spark plugs there are. ive seen some Bosh ones but dont know if they will be ok with my car.

Stuart
18-08-05, 12:46 PM
NGK plugs are fantastic. you dont need any "performance" plugs as they all do the same job. Bosch "super" 4's are just a waste of money!

get the carb setup at a krypton tune or similar.

Jack
18-08-05, 12:49 PM
Do you let it warm up before you come off the drive?

NGK plugs are fantastic. you dont need any "performance" plugs as they all do the same job. Bosch "super" 4's are just a waste of money!
I'll second that!

ToRn
18-08-05, 01:00 PM
it depends if im late for work or not... sometimes i just start it and drive, sometimes i start it.. then go back in and get my lunch then go.. and its normally after then it works ok.. so i guess thats the answer.. but im putting it in for a service with a mechanic mate for 20 quid soon so if there is anything wrong he should be able to sort it for me.

Aragorn
18-08-05, 01:24 PM
seen as the parts for a service alone will cost more than ?20 i doubt hes gonna do much

ToRn
18-08-05, 02:15 PM
no just the service (changing the oil) will be 20 quid then what he thinks i need done i can get parts cheap!

Cassie-Nova
18-08-05, 05:27 PM
I had my nova Krypton Tuned, ran feckin fantastic after i got that done! Best thing I have had done to the rust wagon so far!