PDA

View Full Version : Heres a good Question, Why a Nova?

Dod
17-08-05, 08:04 PM
One of the girls at worked asked me this and went on as such? "they're ugly, slower than most cars, too square, troublesome, OLD, too small, too rusty, Why have one. :o

I dunno really, i was origionally looking for a Fiesta Van as a run about and came on the SX at the right money.

But, when you think about it, she's right to.

boredbloke
17-08-05, 08:19 PM
answer is why not,

parts are cheap, cars cheap and if fixed up the right way u can have quite a nippy little motor that isn't hard to fix

everythings mechanical none of this power steering bollox (I don't feel in 100% control of the car with this :roll: )

and there cool lol

sickrabbit
17-08-05, 08:25 PM
I,ve been pushed by those type of questions n all by a split arse at work , I just said that its a cheap motor to run , thus leaving me minted to treat the right girl like a princess.......

RJM25R
17-08-05, 09:15 PM
Why a nova?

Cos i lusted after a Calypso Red GTE when I was 15 in 1988 when they came out, then i discovered u could XE them and make a Cosworth-baiter!!

I'm 32 now! I'm building another XE nova!

Riggy
17-08-05, 09:16 PM
I,ve been pushed by those type of questions n all by a split a*** at work , I just said that its a cheap motor to run , thus leaving me minted to treat the right girl like a princess.......

lol quote of the year - owning a nova leaves you minted PMSL

i wish lol more like leaves you in shed loads of debt :lol:

Jack
17-08-05, 09:48 PM
Wait for Phil - "Because its not a saxo" :lol:

Hmm... Why do I want another Nova? Because I've had one or two for four years and know them, and in the four years previous to that my sister had two (one of which I bought and turned into the delightfully evo-ed up monstrousity you can view in my profile lol).

As the Celica is my daily driver and bears the brunt of the maintenence costs, I'd want something thats cheap to run and mod as a "toy" car (i.e. something I can play about with in my spare time). I also want something small. For me its a toss up between a 205 or a Nova - Although the 205 is arguably the better car, performance wise, I think the Nova has more room for improvement. I like the shape, I like the interior (Mk2 dash is better than a 205 dash IMO), and I have background knowledge of them from previuos ownership that swings it in favour of the Nova. You can tell me all day long that Novas are crap and 205's are better (my mate with the '6 does lol) and I'll agree with you, but you still won't change my mind about which I'd rather have 8)

Why did I buy a Nova to start with? I remember when my sister first offered me the car, and I went out and sat in it - now remember, coming from an F reg 903cc Fiat Uno this was like a palace lol. No more big toggle switches on the dash! Rotary controls! A centre console! A clean bright light grey interior! Interior trim that matched the seats! A glovebox light! A gearbox that didn't feel like an oar in the ocean! And in all honesty the bestest feature EVER - TWO WINDSCREEN WIPERS!!!! :lol: :lol:

Had to have it :wink:

...even though it was horrendously overpriced. Yet my parents encouraged me to buy it; funny to think it was them that made me sell it too.

Why did I buy the saloon? Cheap car; at the time not many people had saloons and they weren't that popular, but I'd wanted one for a while; and if anything happened to the hatch I could swap the parts over. Was exactly what I was looking for, H reg 2door in mexico red :D, and was in pretty good rust free condition (ok except the rear arches, but that was mainly cosmetic lol)

Why did I sell them? Hmm. :wink:

sickrabbit
17-08-05, 09:58 PM
I,ve been pushed by those type of questions n all by a split a*** at work , I just said that its a cheap motor to run , thus leaving me minted to treat the right girl like a princess.......

lol quote of the year - owning a nova leaves you minted PMSL

i wish lol more like leaves you in shed loads of debt :lol:

Too true mate - my plastic was cool till I got the Nova .....but the colour green - envy, I think the particular shade is called is a sight to see.....

seriously , I,ve always liked the shape of the nova - for some sad reason it reminds me of a messchersmitt 109 ........

Dod
17-08-05, 10:34 PM
Wait for Phil - "Because its not a saxo" :lol:

Hmm... Why do I want another Nova? Because I've had one or two for four years and know them, and in the four years previous to that my sister had two (one of which I bought and turned into the delightfully evo-ed up monstrousity you can view in my profile lol).

As the Celica is my daily driver and bears the brunt of the maintenence costs, I'd want something thats cheap to run and mod as a "toy" car (i.e. something I can play about with in my spare time). I also want something small. For me its a toss up between a 205 or a Nova - Although the 205 is arguably the better car, performance wise, I think the Nova has more room for improvement. I like the shape, I like the interior (Mk2 dash is better than a 205 dash IMO), and I have background knowledge of them from previuos ownership that swings it in favour of the Nova. You can tell me all day long that Novas are crap and 205's are better (my mate with the '6 does lol) and I'll agree with you, but you still won't change my mind about which I'd rather have 8 Blaaa Blaaa blaaa blaaa blaaa blaaa blaaa blaaa blaaa blaaa blaaa blaaa blaaa blaaa blaaaa blaaaa blaaaaa

Right? :lol:

All very Valid points, but TBH, if i hadn't have heard of the nova for sale i'd probably be driving a Kitted up Fester or something from the Early 90s, but i'm quite happy with the SX though, well, will be more so when i gather a few quid to spend on it.

Jack
18-08-05, 12:18 AM
The Ignorance Of Youth lol

dooooney
18-08-05, 07:34 AM
my girlfreind tells me this every time why a nova she hate my car but i recon its because there a good little car and becasue everyone hates them make me want to have it more.
but i dont realy see the problem with a nova at leased if something does go wrong we can fix ours. like with the new clio if the eletric window dont work it makes the airbag light come on and then you need to take it in for a service i fix all the clios and renault small cars and they are shite i recon my novas better.

Dpnova
18-08-05, 07:54 AM
i agree novas are crap

Dar
18-08-05, 10:25 AM
Why a Nova? Hummm

I wanted a trackday car. So thought what small car can I easily put a big engine in......my dad had a few XE's sitting in his garage and I found out that they where a damn good engine. So I thought right what small car can I easily put an XE in..........Nova?

I thought so :P

Rob-16v
18-08-05, 10:46 AM
i used to hate novas but now i think there mint, i love old boxy cars, and there so much to do to em. i like fixin cars and if i had a new one i wudnt be able to fix it and play with it.

Jim
18-08-05, 10:51 AM
I bought my Nova from my uncle after he bought it from new. I wanted a small hatch and his Nova SR was ideal. Who knows, had he bought an XR2i I probably would have bought that.

Jim

Stuart
18-08-05, 11:11 AM
it beats walking places!

Dpnova
18-08-05, 11:14 AM
it beats walking places!

you dont drive a nova though

Jack
18-08-05, 11:31 AM
i agree novas are crap
HATER! :lol:

Dpnova
18-08-05, 11:35 AM
i love them to bits

Jack
18-08-05, 12:15 PM
i love them to bits
Er... Lover... lol

ToRn
18-08-05, 12:17 PM
Nova's have got to be one of the cheepest cars to mod, and the reason why i got one is cause hardly anyone around here has a phat nova, and im going to be the one to set the standard in my town!

mad-driver
18-08-05, 12:32 PM
Well i bought one coz i always have liked them, i prefer the old square lines to the rounded ones of newer cars and i dont like power steering very much

Plus anyone who said they are particularly slow (the sporty models) is talking balls

Stuart
18-08-05, 12:52 PM
it beats walking places!

you dont drive a nova though

i sometimes sit in mine of an evening and make "broooooom brooooooom" noises while pretending to change gear etc lol

Dpnova
18-08-05, 12:53 PM
i sit in my and go "TISHHHH" when i change gear wishing id bought a let instead of the bits for the 1600

Dod
18-08-05, 03:17 PM
The Nova is Miles better looking than the Corsa, round bubbled shaped looking Baloon machine.