PDA

View Full Version : strange probleam

Riggy
17-08-05, 06:45 PM
well i was comin home from work today (and a quite a bit recently) my car seems to have these little fits where it stutters for a few min , then goes fin again

anyway today it was the worst its been and at every junc it wanted to stall , was idleing at 300 ish :o

so when got home i checked my ig timing , earths etc when i noticed that my rev counter wire was loose - so i pulled it off and took it for a spin and it was great

so got back home and rewired rev counter back up , took it out again and it was crap lol , so pull rev counter wire back off and its perfect

anyome shed any light on it , seems as the wire may be broken somewhere and is shortin out , goin to run a new wire this weekend aswell

Adam
17-08-05, 06:52 PM
Hmm strange one.
Maybe the rev counter wire is broken somewhere, and then is doing something to the ignition coil as thats where it connects to.
Maybe messing up the coil if the wire is short circuiting or something.

My advice, dont wire the rev counter up :wink:
or do as you say, run a nice new wire to the clocks.

benji
17-08-05, 07:18 PM
check the earth to the ignition modual

Dod
17-08-05, 08:07 PM
Possible in fact more than likely a damaged earth somewhere. Sould be corroded from water getting at it mate, give it a good cheak and dry where necessary.

pmitch5
18-08-05, 12:15 PM
sounds like what mines doin now does your fuel gauge go up and down when it starts to freak out??

pmitch5
22-08-05, 12:45 PM
found my problem the earth that fastens itno the lip of the boot for the lights had come off, runs sweet as a nut again, it was the last earth i had to check aswell a little bit anoying

Aragorn
22-08-05, 05:38 PM
that'll be because your fuel pump and fuel guage earth to that boot earth point ;)