PDA

View Full Version : A few GSi problems

hendrix
16-08-05, 10:29 PM
1. Over-revving. After driving the car a short distance it will continually idle at 2000rpm until i bring the revs down by bringing it to biting point, then it sits at about 1200rpm.
2. No lights. The side lights come on but no main lights. Also full beam works when u use the indicator stalk by pulling it but not when u push it for constantly on.
3. No heater

that will do for now, that is in order of importance for fixing
many thanks
andy

Dod
16-08-05, 10:51 PM
1. Over Reving, vacume pipes or Idle Control Valve Fuckid
2. Loose connection in your indicator stalk or related wiring, not too difficult to fix me finks
3. Fucked if i know, mines the same.

You may have a leak somewhere and the water is possibly coroding or damaging the wires and or circutry. Pat the front Footwells on tha carpet and see if they're damp. Patting them will dray the water to the top.

Adam
17-08-05, 01:02 AM
No heater is probably heater matrix gone.
I assume by no heater you mean it doesn't get warm.

1-Over revving-Have you recently reset the ecu?
when i reset mine for about 20 ish miles when i stopped at a junction it was idling at 2K rpm, the revs would then fall when i stopped as the ecu adjusts the ICV when the car is not moving.
So that may sort itself out.

Unless its just started doing it on its own.

Adam Moran
17-08-05, 08:40 AM
1. Over Reving, vacume pipes or Idle Control Valve f**k
2. Loose connection in your indicator stalk or related wiring, not too difficult to fix me finks

Correct :D

Dod
17-08-05, 02:46 PM
1. Over Reving, vacume pipes or Idle Control Valve f**k

Correct :D

YES!!! What do i win?

Adam Moran
17-08-05, 04:11 PM
A ride in my car, bring some spare underware :lol:

Jack
17-08-05, 05:54 PM
Dod, seen as I'm closer would you like me to go on the ride for you? :wink:

well... it might work :lol:

Dod
17-08-05, 07:37 PM
A ride in my car, bring some spare underware :lol:

What timr you ccoming round here at? And Jack, thanks for the Kind offer, but NO!!! Well maybe if you send me those Angel Eyes i'll consider it!!!

hendrix
17-08-05, 11:10 PM
thanx for the advice guys
1. the car has been stood for about 6 months so ill take it for a bit of a drive and prob change the idle control valve just incase.
2. ill check the wiring :roll:
3. the heater doesnt switch on!

the car was originally an sri and was wired up in a hurry i thinks so ill prob rag out the dash and check all the wiring.
cheers