PDA

View Full Version : Brake Lamp LED...

Cassie-Nova
16-08-05, 02:32 PM
Hi guys, bt of advice needed again pls....

How can i fit a brake lamp, ie, the strip ones that attach to the rear window of the car? Presumably you use the live that the brake light uses and maybe the live from the rear window wiper?

I'm not too hot with car electrics at the minute and dont want to balls anything up! So if any one could give a bit of guidance with this that would be fantastic!

Thanks!

Jim

Jack
16-08-05, 02:45 PM
I think most kits come with instructions that tell you what power sources to use, but IMO I'd connect to the cabling for the rear lights. Taking power from the wiper gives me visions of the wiper coming on when you brake :lol:

Don't forget you'll need to run the cables up and though the small trunking that goes to the tailgate if you go from the brake wiring.

Chris
16-08-05, 03:27 PM
Just earth the lamp to the chassis in the boot and take the live feed from the brake lamp on the N/S . LED's draw very little current so you wont notice a difference in brightness on the original stop / tail .

Chris

Cassie-Nova
17-08-05, 11:40 AM
I know this is probably an incredibly stupid question but I will ask it anyway :)

How do i connect the live from the led lamp to the brake light live? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Cassie-Nova/eheheh.gif

ta

r0b
19-08-05, 12:22 AM
i got one of those third brake lights, havnt fitted it yet, all i was going to do was pull the bulbholders out, pull the wires out, i was told the brake is black with a yellow tracer, pull them wires out, and wrap the led wires to that, then just put it back and hide the wires? think thats right :oops: