PDA

View Full Version : Earth

pmitch5
16-08-05, 12:19 PM
No not the planet i need to know where all the earths are on the car because iv told that this could be my problem

Obviouse one the battery , the hand brake lever under carpet any morn and where can i find them.cheers guys

dunova
16-08-05, 12:28 PM
No not the planet i need to know where all the earths are on the car because iv told that this could be my problem

Obviouse one the battery , the hand brake lever under carpet any morn and where can i find them.cheers guys
The main earth strap runs form the gearbox to the chassis-its also the most likely to deteriorate so i'd check that one.

pmitch5
16-08-05, 01:55 PM
where abouts would it fasten to under neath or on top sorry im bit dopey when it comes to engines

dunova
16-08-05, 03:53 PM
Okay, look to the right hand side of the engine (if you're looking at your car front on). Look for the distributor-it should be red or black and have the HT leads running to/from it. If you look down and abit to the right thats your gearbox. You should be able to see a metal strap (it's looks kind of woven like an old basket lol) that is bolted to the side of the gearbox and then to the car body. Hope that helps

Aragorn
16-08-05, 06:29 PM
1992> cars dont have GB earth strap

they have a earth lead running to the starter motor mounting bolts instead

Ste_Nova
16-08-05, 07:41 PM
yeh battery to starter

battery to body

by handbrake

left hand side of steering wheel

middle of rear panel

inside boot lid