PDA

View Full Version : Street Racing

Rob-16v
16-08-05, 11:21 AM
Does anybody on here do street racing? not jst one off's but mass organised race's?

Stuart
16-08-05, 11:29 AM
hmm only stupid people do that. :roll:

NovalutionGSi
16-08-05, 11:42 AM
Agree'd, used to know of a few places that it used to take place and will admit i raced once or twice but after hearing about police videoing and a number of crashes have had a realitiy check and will not be doing any of this again. Track and Santa pod/York raceway is the places to race.

Jack
16-08-05, 01:04 PM
The Fast And The Furious has a lot to answer for :roll:

Philsutton
16-08-05, 01:15 PM
i always race on the street, last night my 1.2 almost had a 18 wheel truck. But when we hit 40mph he went storming ahead. It made me look very cool in front of all the 13 year olds that were cheering me on.

Rexy
16-08-05, 01:28 PM
No way phil, You is well wicked init man. Ma 1.0l yeah, ma 1.0l dusted a skyline da ova night man was well wicked. we flew past it at bout 60 man.

Ma homies and burd were lovin it' safe yeah.

Jack
16-08-05, 01:30 PM
I got beat by a 903cc Uno last night it woz mental

then I started my engine and pulled out the parking bay

dunova
16-08-05, 01:32 PM
I had a race once.

Philsutton
16-08-05, 01:32 PM
i betz u was well shamed 4 dat init

Jack
16-08-05, 01:36 PM
yeh well shamed innit, i got big respeckt tho as i av nt got no neunz so i put ma hazard lights on instead, well bling dat iz

I'm actually half considering buying some neons for my car :lol:

Rexy
16-08-05, 03:04 PM

Your rather gay you are...

Dod
16-08-05, 03:26 PM
Yeah, my Fezta ass got 13'n and a full kit, it is well wicked and in fact very shit. 2 new bottom arms to fit to it so no racing for me!!

Jack
16-08-05, 03:51 PM

lol just felt like putting the local chavs to shame, their idea of neons is four excessively pathetic blots of light under the car... I'm talking about lighting the entire underside, not just four patches of light lol

Chris14SR
16-08-05, 04:21 PM
But why would anyone want to do that? Fair play, when it was something new, only ever seen on exotic imports with a whole bunch of other, very carefully selected modifications, then it was quite impressive, if you go for that sort of thing. Personally I've always been about the Go not the Show. But when it's a Citroen Saxo, and you can see 4 crappy neon tubes bought on a budget of fifty quid from Halfords, hanging down nearly scraping the floor, under an otherwise standard car... an insult cutting enough to describe the kind of people who do this to a car is yet to be invented.

And as for "racing", which essentially means two lads in beaten up old bangers with a few Max Power stickers on them having a laughably slow drag race down a dual carriageway... well I'd like to say it's dangerous but since the terminal speed of each vehicle is seldom above the national speed limit, how much harm could they possible cause?

People seem to forget about something called driver ability. For some reason (probably thanks to things like the fast and the furious, and RWYB days at Santa Pod) the average chav believes that a race is simply a means to determine who has the fastest car, and believes that the kudos associated with being a 'street racer' (i.e. someone capable of driving in a straight line with their foot to the floor) stems directly from this fact. It's dreadfully pathetic and proves nothing other than how immature and narrow minded some people are. I would happily take on any 'street racer' around a track, in a car with much less power than they've got. Then they'll soon learn that having the faster car means nothing if you haven't got the talent to extract it's potential. In the kinds of 'races' these people have, there are no winners, no matter who comes first they're still a bunch of losers.

Rexy
16-08-05, 04:36 PM
Well said...

Nath
16-08-05, 05:18 PM
very well said m8. i do remember in the skyline the clutch went and we had several chavs in fiestas etc trying to race/overtake us we let them, imagine how much they must have been bigginf themselves up lol. we just waved

Jack
16-08-05, 05:35 PM
^ lol, I bet they went and told all their mates they just wasted a skyline :lol:

But why would anyone want to do that? Fair play, when it was something new, only ever seen on exotic imports with a whole bunch of other, very carefully selected modifications, then it was quite impressive, if you go for that sort of thing. Personally I've always been about the Go not the Show. But when it's a Citroen Saxo, and you can see 4 crappy neon tubes bought on a budget of fifty quid from Halfords, hanging down nearly scraping the floor, under an otherwise standard car... an insult cutting enough to describe the kind of people who do this to a car is yet to be invented.
1 - I don't have a saxo...
2 - I've already got plenty of Go lol

Nick
16-08-05, 05:41 PM
but you have 3 spokes jack so zip it !

street racing is narrow minded, pathetic and stupid, it shows a complete lack of disrespect towards other people .

even with my new engine in (couple of weeks now) i still wont have the urge to race people, that's because im not a 17 yr old little cock on an ego-trip

Jack
16-08-05, 05:49 PM
but you have 3 spokes jack so zip it !
Not for long :wink:

Ste_Nova
16-08-05, 05:56 PM
i attend racing every sunday...

and arrange racing every monday

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/DCStuff/Image00002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/DCStuff/Image00004.jpg

Ste L
16-08-05, 05:59 PM
i attend, to both same as ste, but don't race, not worth fucking my car up for it

Philsutton
16-08-05, 07:03 PM
But when it's a Citroen Saxo, and you can see 4 crappy neon tubes bought on a budget of fifty quid from Halfords,

thats so uncool to dis saxo's we are a big happy family lets show everyone how much we like the french

Stuart
16-08-05, 07:16 PM
wow dat iz so kool man, me want go racing in me car init.

Lee
16-08-05, 07:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Bottlethroddy/Pratso.gif

Heres my contribution.

Dod
16-08-05, 10:14 PM
Over here the local "SHAMS" love nothing more than old Sierras and Carltons with Welded Diffs. Its good fun to watch but then again, while tramping over Back roads you're likely to meet a load of twats trying to learn how to Drift and its a sticky prediciment.

You cant get a Sierra twin cam for anyless than e800 and usually they're fucked. Its a great sport, we have our own Drift Series but meeting twats on the Back roads is a different Kettle of fish.

Jack
16-08-05, 10:28 PM
But when it's a Citroen Saxo, and you can see 4 crappy neon tubes bought on a budget of fifty quid from Halfords,

thats so uncool to dis saxo's we are a big happy family lets show everyone how much we like the french
Shit, Phil's account must have been hacked! :lol:

Nath
17-08-05, 09:21 AM
lol those pics look like somethink out of f&f

Jim
17-08-05, 11:34 AM
^ lol, I bet they went and told all their mates they just wasted a skyline :lol:

1 - I don't have a saxo...
2 - I've already got plenty of Go lol

I don't think Chris was on about you Jack. Plus we get it ok, you have a fast car, you don't need to tell us EVERY time you post, lol. Anyway, if your car is so superior, why are you still on this site where we all drive crappy Novas? Surely you must feel "dirty" coming on here when you have such an awesome car :roll: :P

What version of the F&F have you watched? :lol: The one I've seen has lots of fit women and mostly consists of Jap cars :? Also, the images wern't blurred to f**k, lol.

Jim

Rexy
17-08-05, 11:42 AM

What version of the F&F have you watched? :lol: The one I've seen has lots of fit women and mostly consists of Jap cars :? Also, the images wern't blurred to f**k, lol.

Jim

Must of been a copy jim. :lol:

Lee H
17-08-05, 11:48 AM
So everyone on here can turn round and say they've never raced another car on dual carriageways etc and have always pulled over to let them past? Pull the other one!!

Jim
17-08-05, 11:54 AM
So everyone on here can turn round and say they've never raced another car on dual carriageways etc and have always pulled over to let them past? Pull the other one!!

That wasn't the original question though was it?

Does anybody on here do street racing? not jst one off's but mass organised race's?

I think everyone at some point has had a play with another vehicle on the public roads in a manner that could be classed as dangerous driving.

Jim

Lee H
17-08-05, 11:58 AM

That wasn't the original question though was it?

I think everyone at some point has had a play with another vehicle on the public roads in a manner that could be classed as dangerous driving.

Jim

Suppose it wasn't really, just someone further back was on about racing along dual carriageways etc so it was in regard to that.

Everyone at some point will have raced other cars, that without a doubt.

Jack
17-08-05, 12:50 PM
I don't think Chris was on about you Jack. Plus we get it ok, you have a fast car, you don't need to tell us EVERY time you post, lol. Anyway, if your car is so superior, why are you still on this site where we all drive crappy Novas? Surely you must feel "dirty" coming on here when you have such an awesome car :roll: :P
lol apologies, thought he was referring to me...

And Novas are still my favourite small hatch; planning on getting another one someday when/if I have some spare cash to play about with, hence why I'm still here

and lol @ feeling dirty :lol:

andyhayes77
17-08-05, 05:00 PM

lol just felt like putting the local chavs to shame, their idea of neons is four excessively pathetic blots of light under the car... I'm talking about lighting the entire underside, not just four patches of light lol

A guy near me did something really cool a total take the piss he wired up some high power halogens to the underside of his scooby when he flicked the switch the road around him glowed for a half mile radius is was bright as fuk really funny until police caught him lol :)

Ste_Nova
17-08-05, 05:51 PM

Jim

only cause i had to take long exposure shots and didn't have a tripod :lol:

Dod
17-08-05, 07:40 PM
really funny until police caught him lol :)

Bet that was funier!!! :lol:

nova_lass
17-08-05, 11:15 PM
There was a lot of racing on M1 near leicester at night time, t**ts try and run you off roads if your in thier way.

Dod
18-08-05, 03:13 PM
You wanna flash your tits and make em crash!!

nova_lass
18-08-05, 04:05 PM
lol they might crash into me though........... how u think my car got wrote off in first place :wink: lol

Mike
18-08-05, 08:15 PM
there's alot of racing around my way at night. all around the M6 toll area. 9that only over the back of my house)

you get all the lil kids in 1ltr fezzie's acting all 'hardcore street racer styleee' driving real slow then booting it when for when there tappets get to loud!

its a pain in the @rse. the street i live on has now had a speed camera and a roundabout put in to stop the little fckers!

i just stick to the A485 in midwales in the night. not racing, just a bit high speed bordem driving! going out to welshpool way!

oh, yeay, they'll be an update of my car real soon, because for those of who recognise/remember me, ive been diong a whole lot of ebaying the last 6months!