PDA

View Full Version : What the feck is that music video???

dunova
16-08-05, 08:18 AM
I saw it the other day when i was quite drunk so cant remember who its by. It's a kind of pop rock (i think lol) video and there's this rubbery dummy bloke and he's been hit by a car or just hurt and the paramedics are treating him and he's singing along with the song and occasionally doing a crazy dance. Then, at the end he's on the surgery table doing this crazy dance and singing the song still and waving his arms around.

Any idea's? I'm pretty sure it was a real video because its way too good for me to have made up in my drunken head :lol:

The dummy of the bloke is abit scary and he moves his mouth quite realistically. Basically it was quality and i want to see it again, so what is it?!

sickrabbit
16-08-05, 08:22 AM
I dont know the songs title, but the band you ask of are called INTERPOL . Theyre strange but very good , go check out ebay - they seem to reside there....

dunova
16-08-05, 08:25 AM
I dont know the songs title, but the band you ask of are called INTERPOL . Theyre strange but very good , go check out ebay - they seem to reside there....
Nice one, cheers squire :wink:

At least i didn't just dream it then lol

*Edit* You've got to see this video, its feckin class!! Especially the dance on the bed at the end :lol:

Budget download;
http://www.interpolnyc.com/video.php

Better download (takes longer to load);
http://extreme.colonelblimp.com/directors/charliewhite/movies/CW_interpol_evil_L.mov

sickrabbit
16-08-05, 12:19 PM
Yeah , Ive seen it a few times and the dancin bit at the end after the surgery is odd to say the least . I could be wrong but like Portishead ( amazing band ) Interpol dont have that many albums out but are massive and play arena size shows , the wife likes em loads but , we still havent gotten to obtain any of their material. For me personally I,m still in my Led Zeppelin period ( this,ll atract some scorn - even put a sticker of em in me motor ) thats lasted well over 20 yrs , and it,d be a challenge to find anything that I,d personally find better - but you never know - they could probably blow my socks off......
Either way if you get some Interpol , I hope they float your boat and tickle your sphongle !!

good luck

Jack
16-08-05, 12:31 PM
I could be wrong but like Portishead ( amazing band )
Yipee :D

Dunova they're from near you too
lol

dunova
16-08-05, 12:35 PM
I could be wrong but like Portishead ( amazing band )
Yipee :D

Dunova they're from near you too
lol
Iirc, Portishead are from Filton.

JOKE :roll:

I would never be that stupid, because as many of you know i'm very clever and not atall inbred, retarded and smell of poo. Not that i'm saying a lot of people from Brizzle are. Just most.

sickrabbit
16-08-05, 12:37 PM
You like the delicate sounds of the ports then Razor..? Bloomin good band , not to be played whilst alone in your bedsit at crimble - brilliant but pass the bottle of pills and whisky and see you later vicar . The lead singer - Beth - ? jings , she could make a statue weep !! My wife reckons Portishead are so depressing even Goths dont touch em !!
TALENTED .

dunova
16-08-05, 12:42 PM
Portishead are awesome, Terry like's them a lot :wink:

As for Led Zeppelin, i think they're abit boring :|
2 bands that'll always be with me are Children of Bodom and Metallica. Pure genious :!:

Jack
16-08-05, 12:46 PM
Beth Gibbons is very talented vocalist, the album they did with Rustin Man was good too. And the Glory Discs are cool, not so depressing lol 8)

sickrabbit
16-08-05, 12:54 PM
Dude , Metallica , are awesome . Ive seen em loads of times , the first in 84 on the Ride the lightning tour - all my mates back the ( saxon motorhead , and maiden fans ) thought Id lost it and theyd never fill nothing more than the Lycium ballroom I first saw em in . Funny thing is a few years later all my pals came with me and saw em at Hammersmith Odeon on the last uk date for Master of puppets ( cliff burtons last ever uk date ) and became firm fans of this pioneering group. I,m not too impressed with St anger , but would love to see em again , although headbanging with my now short hair wouldnt feel the same ........

dunova
16-08-05, 01:01 PM
You saw them in '84?! :o I was born in '84 :lol:

And you saw cliff burton aswell!! He was seriously talented and imo metallica never would have made it big without him-he wrote the majority of there most melodic stuff. Really tragic when he died-i'm suprised that they managed to carry on without him, it must've been hard.

I'm really disapointed with St.Anger. Infact thats an understatement-i dont know what the feck they were thinking tbh, and i'm completely on Jason Newstead's side with the whole bust up issue.

I've got short hair aswell, although i've never been in to headbanging lol-did that ever actually exist?!

sickrabbit
16-08-05, 04:49 PM
Christ mate - my hair till 5 years back was well long ( although Id given up headbanging for at least 10 yrs - missed so much of gigs cos of headbanging - you only knew when the show was any good by the state of your neck the next day ) but it justgot in the way , but as far as Metallica were concerned I,ll never forget the first ever performance at Donnington Monsters of rock festival 1985. Thrash in those days was just coming out and wasnt recieved too well , Metallica were I think 3rd on the bill and the place just didnt know what hit it . I went down the front with my pal Alan and it was awesome - the place went mental. Infact , after they left the stage Bon jovi were next up and the atmosphere fell so flat it was like watching a pub band - lol .
As for the death of poor old Cliff , that,ll never leave me , I saw em on 28th sept and my birthday is 2nd oct it was my 18th and with a few mates we went to the annual beer festival at lunchtime .What a week - my coming of age and seeing my heros , go from small concert hall to festival killers and then their first major london show - so I took the week off to celebrate. After a few too many I returned home to sleep it off , and was awoken by my best mate ( he,d seen the puppets tour with me ) nearly in tears. He held up a copy of NME, he,d just brought and the front page was plain white with the words RIP CLIFF BURTON and the date of his demise . I was gobsmaked. Needless to say we all went straight back down the beerfest and toasted Cliff all night long...........

As for Jason Newstead , he originally came from Flotsam and Jetsam - if you havent already got their first album " Dooms day for the deciever " grab a copy - i fear however you may only be able to get it on vinyl.

THOSE WERE THE DAYS - TILL I WENT TO SEE SLAYER .

sickrabbit
18-08-05, 10:32 AM
the songs called evil and off the antics album.