PDA

View Full Version : SMELLYS FROM THE BORE EXHAUST??

novadal27
15-08-05, 07:48 PM
I OWN A NOVA 1.2 SR IVE OWNED IT NOW FOR ABOUT A YEAR N HALF OR MORE I BOUGHT IT HAS A PROJECT TO SEE HOW FAR I CAN MODIFY A NOVA IVE GOT TO THE POINT OF CLEANIN THE INSIDE OF THE ENGINE AND GETTIN RID OF WASTED FUEL ETC SITTIN IN BOTTOM OF TANK...IVE USED REDEX AS IVE BEEN TOLD IT CLEAS OUT THE ENGINE WITH OLD WASTED MUCK THAT BUILDS UP... SO I THREW A WHOLE BOTTLE OF IT IN... :roll: DONT KNOW IF THIS HAS DONE ANY GOOD TO MY ENGINE BUT THERE SEEMS TO BE A FAIR AMOUNT OF GREY SMOKE AND A DISTINCT SMELL TO IT :idea: :idea: :idea:P.S WILL THIS FAIL ANY DUE M.O.T TESTIN???

Rob-16v
15-08-05, 08:27 PM
Its a 1.2 sr?

Snowface
15-08-05, 08:46 PM
hmm 1.2sr?

Do you know what the key to the left of A does?

notenuffhoursintheday
15-08-05, 09:31 PM
i put redex in my 1.2 u put 50ml to every 10litres of petrol and u can put it in your spark plus take them out and pour 50mls into each hole then screw the plugs back in but not tight and leave the leads off then turn over the engine for 10 seconds then turn it offf altho it wont start then tighten up the spark plugs not to tight u dont wanna strip the thread then put the leads back on but when u start up the engine youll get bare white smoke but it goes after a couple of hours of driving not even that infact quite funny and it done no harm to my engine and mines done 132k and still runing fine but any engine will if u keep ontop of it ie changing oil gaskets and all other stuff i just do what haynes manual says.

Nick
15-08-05, 10:12 PM
does the grey smoke smell of oil by any chance ?

you shouldn't put a whole bottle of Red-ex in your tank, it's not a 1.2 SR and as snowface said, please use caps lock !

Philsutton
15-08-05, 11:23 PM
wise words from the environmentalist

Jack
15-08-05, 11:27 PM
Just put a tank of optimax in, don't bother with redex

Stuart
16-08-05, 07:57 AM
id rather fill my car up with diesel than optimax lol.

just a good super UL will do (optimax is just regular 95ron with steriods)

Aragorn
16-08-05, 09:59 AM
its acutally proper sul with crap added to take it to just under 99octane (when made)

i had a page somewhere that specified what they added but in reality all SUL is is normal gas with some alcohol and other shit added to it anyway so some more shit to take the octane a little higher still isnt really gonna do much

Snowface
16-08-05, 10:59 AM
Whats better out of Bp Ultimate and Esso Super?

Soon they'll be hitting ?1 a litre anyway.

Why not pur some 'NOS' into the tank aswell? :roll: