PDA

View Full Version : Boot build Designs what you think?

novaco
15-08-05, 12:10 PM
well this is the first ever time i have posted in here so......

i was thinking about my ice the other day or the lack of it and thought that i would start coming up with some ideas.

i possible i want 2 subs (unsure on size yet) a few 6x9's an amp and maybe two neons just to jazz it up a little.

so.....anyway i started coming up with ideas and making them on CAD this is the design i think i am going to go with and i just wondered what you guys think

(sorry about pic size)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/novaco/bootbuild2.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/novaco/bootbuild.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/novaco/bootbuild3.jpg

so the two big hols are where my subs would be my amp on the wall in the middle of them and my 6x9's in the shelf!!

i dont know what kind off stuff im gona go for yet or what im gona make them out of but i know that for the finishing touch the box and maybe shelf are going to be covered in that chequer plate vynal.

thanks in advance for any comments.

Cheers Karl!

Jack
15-08-05, 01:14 PM
Where abouts are you thinking of putting it? If its in the boot remember one edge will need to be angled to sit flush against the back of the rear seats.

I'd not bother with putting the 6x9s on there either, the subs can interfere with their sound. Better to put them in the rear quarters.

novaco
15-08-05, 01:16 PM
its for the boot!

i forgot all about the back seats coming back at an angle.
so if i put my 6x9's in the rear quaters it will beter allround quality then?

Jack
15-08-05, 01:19 PM
Well it'd distribute the sound a little better, rather than having it all come from the boot. And its easier to fit them in the rear quarters than the doors :lol:

If you're feeling really adventurous, you could make some perspex windows in your sub boxes, and put the neons in there....

novaco
15-08-05, 01:22 PM
yea i will!

i can do what i want realy all i do is design it give the desings and measure ments to my garandad and a few weekends later its done ready for the components to be fitted.

plus with him being family he wont take no money or anything off me!

therefore i get a custom boot build made for free :lol:

pmitch5
16-08-05, 04:46 PM
when you say back quaters where exactly and has ne1 got a cuple a pics i need to put my 6x9's in properly now they been sat on back seat for ages

novaco
18-08-05, 09:05 AM
i aint got no pics but i assume it is under the rear windows, like where the plastic panel is.

obviously for better sound you should make a set of MDF panels instead of mounting them straight into the plastic!

r0b
19-08-05, 12:12 AM
nice designs mate, what program did u use to make em?

novaco
19-08-05, 06:36 AM
i used pro desktop mate and cheers!

pmitch5
19-08-05, 08:59 AM
i use to use that at school got quite good if i do say so my self hehe were the hell can u get it from ??

novait
19-08-05, 01:21 PM
hello mate!
that is the same design as mine mate and it is a tight fit depending on how big u make it and how much u angle the boxs!!!
but it make it sound really gd if its dont proply!!!

novaco
19-08-05, 01:26 PM
i use to use that at school got quite good if i do say so my self hehe were the hell can u get it from ??

i 'borrowed' a copy from school :lol: :wink:

but you can buy it @ good PC stores and you can also download it