PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever think you're the only one?

dunova
14-08-05, 11:40 AM
I mean, i can only see through my eyes and feel what i feel, so how do i know anyone/anything else is real? And how do i know that any reply's to this won't just be to make me think that i'm not the only one?

And if other people are thinking the same, what's stopping them thinking this is just a double bluff to make them believe they're not the only one? But then, if 'other people' say that, maybe it's just a quadruple bluff on me to make me believe i'm not the only one? The problem is, there could be infinate bluffs, which leave's me with not having an answer.

Has 'anyone' else ever thought about this? Btw, i won't believe any of the reply's as you may just be trying to call my bluff, or will you? Maybe i will believe you. Who knows. Either way, i don't know if you're real and you don't know if i'm real. Maybe i'm the one thats calling your bluff.............

General Baxter
14-08-05, 11:48 AM
ya what :?

dunova
14-08-05, 11:57 AM
Obviously if you dont understand it, thats just a way of getting me to think i'm insane for thinking it in the first place and then hence i believe i'm not the only one. Well, it didn't work, sorry, i'm not excepting your double bluff :lol:

Lee
14-08-05, 12:04 PM
Obviously if you dont understand it, thats just a way of getting me to think i'm insane for thinking it in the first place and then hence i believe i'm not the only one. Well, it didn't work, sorry, i'm not excepting your double bluff :lol:

Drugs are baaaaaaaaaaaaaad :lol:

dunova
14-08-05, 12:12 PM
I fully agree and hence, i don't do any lol

I haven't gone mental btw, it's just quite an interesting thought imo. I'm surprised others haven't thought about it before. Abit 'matrix-like' i know, but thats not really what i'm getting at.

jamie gsi16v
14-08-05, 12:28 PM
i guess your a student bum whos been brainwashed buy sad teachers and science?

dunova
14-08-05, 12:34 PM
I am a student, but not a bum lol and i'm doing engineering!! Not really a philosophical subject! Anyway, i'm not insane, i'm not on drugs and i haven't been brainwashed. I did do sociology A level which got me thinking about afew things i hadn't before.

It's a good thing to be philosophical imo, you shouldn't just wonder aimlessly through life taking everything on face value like a sheep. Although a lot of people do :roll:

jamie gsi16v
14-08-05, 12:40 PM
let me no when you come accross owt interesting, or find anything important out?

Philsutton
14-08-05, 12:44 PM
im real but many others arent

dunova
14-08-05, 12:45 PM
I don't think Jamie is............

Well i'm going to pick up my new king size bed now, so i'll leave you to discuss this fascinating subject. Well, if you have a high enough IQ to even contemplate what i've already said-Why i posted it on a site dedicated to Nova enthusiasts i dont know :lol:

Sorry that was abit patronising to some, but there are afew numpty's on here.

jamie gsi16v
14-08-05, 12:54 PM
if im not real then what am i doing here?

scott.parker
14-08-05, 01:07 PM
Well i have had the same strange thought,and the matrix films just make you think about it more,and then your just in a strange loop of thought,best thing is to just take everyday as it comes i find :lol:

Scott

Philsutton
14-08-05, 01:07 PM
when you say here what are you refering to? the imaginary place called novaload that is not a place as such or were you are physically at home

jamie gsi16v
14-08-05, 01:10 PM
well im physically at home still in bed :lol: , but im talking to you through a keyboard, if im answering questions your asking me then im obviously as real as you?

ANDYRACER
14-08-05, 02:15 PM
Em okey u have to much time on ur hands if ur thinking that. Maybe iam real maybe iam not but either way im not bothered coz im here to stay.

scott.parker
14-08-05, 02:17 PM
Balls now your over 2000 post i though you might piss off :lol:

ANDYRACER
14-08-05, 02:21 PM
(unt!!! Im here to stay. Getting another nova in the next month aswell so ill probably be found in the tech section alot. :lol: which means less post slagging in general and muppet corner

Philsutton
14-08-05, 03:20 PM
i'd get a licience before anything :D

sickrabbit
14-08-05, 03:40 PM
Seems as tho theres a lot of intelegence here , but no common sense , as for being a student who doesnt indulge in the odd funny fag or dozen , well all I can think of is you must be a trainspotter .If you really are pondering your perceptions and reality , think of this - the only certain thing in life is death .

END OF SERMONN

ANDYRACER
14-08-05, 04:34 PM

September 27th i turn 17. So hopefully if everything goes to plan should have passed just after the new year. Cant bloody wait :lol:

sickrabbit
14-08-05, 04:59 PM
good luck Andy.....

ANDYRACER
14-08-05, 05:00 PM
Thanks mate :wink:

peester
14-08-05, 05:08 PM
no, erm ur a very deep person. if i wasnt so tired i think i can get on ur level..

Nick
14-08-05, 06:05 PM

September 27th i turn 17. So hopefully if everything goes to plan should have passed just after the new year. Cant bloody wait :lol:

you could get it done easily by the new year.

i started on the 13th sept and passed on the 13th of oct

dunova
14-08-05, 07:58 PM
when you say here what are you refering to? the imaginary place called novaload that is not a place as such or were you are physically at home
By 'here' i mean this state of consciousness that i'm experiencing. But that only consists of signals sent to my brain, e.g touch, smell, sight, hearing. So what exactly is real? Is what i think is real actually real?

if im not real then what am i doing here?
I don't know. How about going to school to get qualifications, so in turn you can get a good job, so you can work and earn money to live, which in turn means you can work constantly for the next 47years of your life, so that you can retire and then try to enjoy yourself until you die. Maybe thats why you're here.

Seems as tho theres a lot of intelegence here , but no common sense , as for being a student who doesnt indulge in the odd funny fag or dozen , well all I can think of is you must be a trainspotter .If you really are pondering your perceptions and reality , think of this - the only certain thing in life is death .
So why is there no common sense here? Because i'm challenging thoughts on reality that other people just accept as 'it'? And yes i do indulge in the odd 'funny fag' but not enough to screw with my head. As for your quote on life and death-what do you perceive to be death? Consciousness? If so, how do you know that it will end? And if it does, how will you be aware of it? Does consiousness and individuality (e.g i can only see and hear what I see and hear) mean that you have a SOUL? And your body is merely a vehicle for it? Maybe our souls will live on in a different form/vehicle when this body has expired. I don't know.

Well i have had the same strange thought,and the matrix films just make you think about it more,and then your just in a strange loop of thought,best thing is to just take everyday as it comes i find :wink:

Scott
Thanks Scott, i'm glad i'm not the only one that doesn't just accept everything at face value :wink: And you're probably right, life is here to be lived and should just be had fun with. I think i'm mainly trying to make sense of 'consciousness' and life. I know a fair bit of physics, but that just doesn't explain it. Why am I feeling this conciousness and not the one you are?? What makes me ME??

I'd just like to make clear that i'm fully sane and not depressed or anything, actually i'm pretty damn happy now i've got my kingsize bed :D Now i can think out my deep, lenghty thoughts on my deep, lenghty bed :lol:

Alex
14-08-05, 09:45 PM
"life" is how we perceive things and we do this though signals to our brains. What if our brains were sent signals that were different to our actual surroundings? Is this our actual surroundings?

What is being conscious? Are there different levels? What is actually a sentient being, and how can we determine them? Are all people actually sentient beings? Small children certainly are not. Does this make them less important and expendable?

Why do I feel like I deserve riches beyond most people's wildest belief and that I'm destined for something great? What is superiority, and what determines it? Is it measurable? Am I superior? If not, who is?

What is good & evil? Surely if everyone is a sentient, conscious being why does murder and suffering occur? What is religion and does this affect this subject? Is there something greater than us? If so, who created him/her? What did he create us from? How did he create electrical impulses from our brains etc? Also where does he live, and what is his postal address?

How big is the universe? How do we know that we are not all subjects of a "truman show" for someone else? In relation to the universe are we a small galaxy or is our galaxy a tiny, microscopic dust particle on a much larger, uncomprehendable spacial plain? Is their a fourth dimention of time? Is time travel possible? If so, why haven't we met anyone from the future? If it isn't why are their a fair few theories about it stating that it is possible?

Are "humans" going to live out their natual evolutionary life, or will they die out in a great war/famine/accident/disease? What is a "human"? What is the difference between aborting a foetus and killing off a carrot? They are both living species who are non sentient? Is a foetus a human? It is not self aware and would not be harmed (via pain) by a termination? What is harm?

I need a piss, so the submit button is going to be pressed. What is the actual signal being sent to tell me that i need one? Can it be repressed until i am on the verge of just going? It would be more comfortable that way.

Jack
14-08-05, 11:36 PM
This is what happens when you live in Bristol too long...

dunova
15-08-05, 08:34 AM
Also where does he live, and what is his postal address?

:lol: I think you've kind of gone of topic tbh. I'm not atall interested in religion (as its a pile of arse rape), the ethics of child abortion (as thats a different kettle of fish), the universe (as physics can explain a lot of this and btw, there IS a fourth dimesnsion :wink: ) and the need to be rich. I want to know what makes me ME, e.g why am i experiencing THIS body and state of conciousness and not the one you're experiencing? Why do we all feel 'individuality'? Surely the world would function a whole lot better if everybody felt 'as one' and 'individuality' didn't exist? THEN, we would have world peace and there would be fairies and flowers and lots of little lepricorns and no men in white coats to stop us :lol:

This is what happens when you live in Bristol too long...
No, THIS is what happens if you live in Brizzle too long :wink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/tezray/chav.jpg

juicy
18-08-05, 02:09 PM
??/