PDA

View Full Version : fitting rear headrests step-by-step please.

tony8169
13-08-05, 10:50 PM
ive recently got back into nova's after a 10 year gap and wondered if anyone could tell me how to fit rear headrests without having to chop and glue the headrest mounting brackets like i did way back when?
By the way i have a 1987 1.3SR with the big Mk1 bumper.
any help greatfuly received,
Cheers,
Tony.

ade
13-08-05, 11:15 PM
bugger!

I had a guide but lost it.

Thres non on novaland and non on topbuz

:?

its v easy though. You need 4 guides for the rear (usually get these from an Astra). Note though theyre different to the front ones - thing theyre longer

You'll also need 2 head rests (same as fronts)

Theres 2 ways to do it.

The easiest and "risky" way is to push down on the top until you feel an indentation in the metal support. This is the hole where the guide goes. Just stick a knife through and make a X incision. You may wish to line it up exactly using a knitting needle (something that wont tear the fabric) before cutting. I think you need to cut through the foam too. Then put the guide through and tap in place. It goes through 2 holes and clicks into place.

There is a longer way where you remove the material but tbh the above method (providing you line up the holes right) is good.

Ade

Dod
14-08-05, 11:07 AM
One thing to note is, to try and push the guides in with out having the head rest as they well keep the clips that hold the guides in place, thus not allowing the guides to fit in properlg, and try not to force them too much as they tend to enjoy breaking into pieces!!