PDA

View Full Version : Squealing noise when starting engine??? Help!!!

Torroni
12-08-05, 09:21 AM
Hi Everybody...

Just wondering if anyone can help with a small problem I have when starting my 1.0 Nova Mk1...

Once the engine has fired, just after starting a loud squealing noise occurs from under the bonnet. After a little time and some warm-up revving the sound clears until the engine is started again. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Sounds like something is slipping to me?

Thanks!!! :-)

DISCO GSI
12-08-05, 10:27 AM
could be the fan belt

Stuart
12-08-05, 11:32 AM
yep, alternator belt is prime suspect on that one. get a new one and tension it up corectly.

dooooney
12-08-05, 11:27 PM
but not tooo tight as they snapp and can do dammage mine riped all of the plastic caseing off my engine lol

General Baxter
12-08-05, 11:34 PM
but not tooo tight as they snapp and can do dammage mine riped all of the plastic caseing off my engine lol

theres no plastic casing and all the damage it will do, it that it wont charge your battery!

Adam
13-08-05, 12:55 AM
theres no plastic casing and all the damage it will do, it that it wont charge your battery!
Hmm, perhaps he is on about the cambelt.

dooooney
13-08-05, 01:56 AM
no mine took all the cambelt protecting crap when i got my new alternator in my 1.4 and put the belt on it went snap and took all the plastic from the cambelt off