PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 16v conversion

notenuffhoursintheday
10-08-05, 07:58 PM
how much would it cost to get a 1.2 4 speed converted to 2.016v anyone know anyone who can do it for around 800 quid running the lot thanks

chris

Riggy
10-08-05, 08:03 PM
you would prob do it yourself for that mate including buying the engine , but for someone else to do it all it would prob be a bit more expensive

try pm chris on here and im sure the cjm services boys could sort you a price out :lol:

Ste L
10-08-05, 08:47 PM
get all the parts and me and coxie would throw the engine in for you at the new unit, for a price

will even beable to seam weld the engine bay, which is needed on a valver conversion

novaboyopr
12-08-05, 06:38 PM
i just put a 2.0 16v in my 1.2 merit and it cost me a grand that was including the engine, fitting kit, spax adjustables,fuel tank,seam welding, engine wiring and alarm do it yourslef if you know a bit about cars i was scared of it to start with but it was easy

peester
12-08-05, 06:49 PM
hmmmm.
U cant really put a price on how much any conversion/mods cost - they almost always spiral over or at least bit more than expected. The more you have to spend (time and money -wise) the better the conversion can be. Its wherever u wanna stop.
Rather than just stitch welding the engine bay and slappin on some uprated shocks and springs - have the engine bay stitch welded and a harry hockley chassis kit welded in, go for custom suspension or coilovers, with new poly bushes and a strut brace.. that sort of thing wud help handling more so, and the car wud feel and go better..

Lee
13-08-05, 11:21 AM
no ones mentioned brakes yet? If its a 1.2 you need to at least slap on some Astra / Cav GSi callipers and discs or you will be facing imminent death.

Adam
13-08-05, 12:19 PM
no ones mentioned brakes yet? If its a 1.2 you need to at least slap on some Astra / Cav GSi callipers and discs or you will be facing imminent death.
And higher poundage front springs, as standard nova springs wont take the weight of an XE.

novaboyopr
13-08-05, 12:58 PM
yeah i got 2l 16v brakes and a strut brace, also i welded up all the front and it is all still holdin. my car handles fine and the suspention is fine and can cope with the weight fine. so it aint that hard to do it. we doin a corsa gsi soon.

Philsutton
13-08-05, 05:52 PM
it cost me over a grand to do mine and i did it myself. If you do it properly then it wont be a feew hundred pound job. What ever you dont use standard rubber mounts. I still dont know why people use them.

Lee
13-08-05, 06:41 PM
it cost me over a grand to do mine and i did it myself. If you do it properly then it wont be a feew hundred pound job. What ever you dont use standard rubber mounts. I still dont know why people use them.

Totally agree, it was incredible what difference a set of TAS mounts made. Definately one of the best upgrades ive done so far.