PDA

View Full Version : FAO anyone in the Bristol Area ***PLEASE READ***

Ben
10-08-05, 01:48 PM
I know there arent many on here that are from round Bristol but worth a shot...

Monday Night my Lock Up got robbed, some of the things stolen were:

Clarke 185TE Mig Welder
Clarke Air ratchet
Clarke Top Box full of sockets, screwdrivers, ratchets etc etc
Clarke Air Hacksaw
A 3" Air Grinder

Set of 4x 17"x8j Momo Arrows with decent tyres, wheels are 5 stud vaux fitement and are very very kerbed.

Sony CD Headunit
5x Sony Mulitchangers
Clarion CD Headunit
Blaupunkt Headunit

The Theives were driving a L reg Red AstraVan with Astra Sport Wheels the same as on my Van, but it had standard bumpers.

Same blokes will be also selling a Mobile Mig setup, OXY Cetlyene Kit, Petrol Grinders, Drills that were nicked from the unit next door.

I know most will be sold on by now but they might get stuck with some of it.

REWARD OFFERED FOR ANY INFO THAT LEADS TO THE THIEVES

Dar
10-08-05, 01:51 PM
Hi Ben,

I will keep my ear to the ground for you. In fact I will pop down to the local set of units to see if anyone has been offered any new gear.

Cheers
Dar

Ben
10-08-05, 01:55 PM
Cheers Dar

As many people know the better, am only a very small setup and this loss is going to cripple us in a big way as we need to replace the tools before we can do any work so cant even earn money, hence the van's up for sale.

Jack
10-08-05, 01:59 PM
I'll keep an eye out, I'm quite often in the area. I'll pass this on to my mates in Bristol and Bath as well. Don't expect the stuff will go up Cheltenham & Gloucester way, but I'll pass the word on up there too.

SKoob
10-08-05, 02:50 PM
I'll keep an eye out, you had a look in the trade-it? they might be selling it through that or another free ads paper.

ANDYRACER
10-08-05, 05:24 PM
Gutted for u mate, i doubt they will be around here. Wont u be able to claim back on ur insurance?

srs1
10-08-05, 05:35 PM
thats not right ben.

i hope you catch them and do what needs to be done.

Mark T
10-08-05, 05:38 PM
Really sorry to hear it mate. Hope you catch the little theiving sh1tbags

Ben
10-08-05, 07:50 PM
Cheers Guys...

Unfortnately i have found out who done it, where they live, what they drive...

Main problem is that they are a large gypsy family and nigh on untouchable, the Police wont go near them, We cant go near them or the workshop will be burned down.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is that they broke into a camper van which belongs to a another gypsy family who have decided to wage war on them and possibly our tools might come out in the crossfire.

Riggy
10-08-05, 07:53 PM
^^^ fuckin hell that must be worse then not knowing who did it :cry:

really sorry for you mate , as mentioned doesnt the insurance cover you on the items

scott.parker
10-08-05, 07:55 PM
Grrr.. :x that just realy dose my head in,why carnt they just try to live a honest life and earn there money the same as everyone els dose,so sorry to here your in sutch a shit position mate..

but as you say you never know you might see some of the tools again.

Scott

Ben
10-08-05, 08:37 PM
Unsure yet as to the chances on insurance will have to wait and see, could have been a lot worse but would of rather it never happened at all.

benji
10-08-05, 09:30 PM
ben, i can lend you a welder if you need one untill you can get on your feet again. i can also fit burgular alarms with a dialing facility to ring (i think 5 numbers) as soon as the alarm is triggered.

jamie gsi16v
10-08-05, 10:39 PM
thats shit that is mate, i feel so sorry for you, we had a load of gypseys nick stuff from my house once, they took all the clothes off the washing line knicked my dads range rover and one of my mums dogs, like you say you can do nuthing as they will get you back and move on, plus the police wont touch them. :evil:

srs1
10-08-05, 11:16 PM
burn the pikies in there rusty houses on wheels.

J4MES
10-08-05, 11:24 PM
i fcukin hate pikies!!!!

unlucky mate, good luck on the insurance....

Ben
11-08-05, 10:14 AM
Cheers for the offer Benji but C20Letmini of Mig gave us his old welder so we can keep going.

Kind offer though mate, cheers