PDA

View Full Version : fibre glass or metal

taxitucker1
09-08-05, 03:53 PM
i want to smooth my boot lid which is the best fibre glass or metal[/img]

novaco
09-08-05, 07:59 PM
depends what you meen! the bestthing to do is use both1

firstweld a plate in then skim over with filler.dont just use filler because it is likely to crack and bits fly off!

hope this helps Karl!

Jack
10-08-05, 12:45 PM
Metal is "best" so long as you only use as little filler to skim it over with as possible (so it doesn't all fall off lol), but fibreglass is probably easiest. A lot of people' have had problems fitting the stick on flush panels, but baxter got his on good...

taxitucker1
10-08-05, 02:24 PM
i have seen baxters loks mint and that car is so low

Mike.
10-08-05, 07:37 PM
metal, baxter hacked up his tailgate to make the fibre glass panel to fit, you are supposed to bond them on, but they can look crap when not done properly

Ste L
10-08-05, 08:49 PM
get it welded, body shop right near my house did mine, not complaints about,

General Baxter
10-08-05, 09:51 PM
but baxter got his on good...

and its light ;) with out the glass in, i can pick it up on my little finger :P

baxter hacked up his tailgate to make the fibre glass panel to fit,

BURGO, BURGO, BURGO, BURGO, BURGO, BURGO, BURGO, BURGO,

Mike.
10-08-05, 09:57 PM
metal, BURGO hacked up his tailgate to make the fibre glass panel to fit, you are supposed to bond them on, but they can look crap when not done properly

:lol: :lol:

ade
10-08-05, 11:51 PM
fibreglass panels are okay - they need refinishing to get really smooth finish. You also need to cut away the metal 1/4 way up the window sides and remove the entire lower section, replacing the flushed panel with the cut away bit. Providing you fit it correctly and bond it properly it should be good.

Cost wise the fibreglass one is cheaper but more work - unless youre handy with a welder. Remember most fibreglass ki6ts dont come with a blanking plate to cover the lower part of the hatch...

Atic
24-08-05, 09:38 PM
Get a smooth boot in fibreglass :idea: If you wanna work on that one its better to use metal :!: