PDA

View Full Version : push bikes

dooooney
08-08-05, 11:06 PM
who still actualy uses them i have one that i use every day i got a trip computer for it to i do just under 70miles a week
but my bike will be sold after i get my licence well if i get it

Jack
08-08-05, 11:09 PM
Yup, I've got two Marins - A modified Palisades and Rock Springs.

Used to use them all the time til I passed my test, and when I had the nova there was no way I'd get a bike in the back of that!!

Thankfully the celica is a little more roomy so I can cart my bike about and go riding again :D

dooooney
08-08-05, 11:22 PM
i may get some roof racks :oops: lol casue i wna b able to do my downhilling still

Jack
08-08-05, 11:39 PM
A bike should fit in the back of a Nova ok, if you remove the wheels its easier... Its just mine had two big subs in the way :lol:

dooooney
08-08-05, 11:53 PM
mines sort of got a 12 inch in the way so ill stick with the roof racks hey i got a spoiler now!

sickrabbit
09-08-05, 07:04 AM
keep them bikes boys - you,ll be surprised just how unfit youve become a few months down the line after using the nova for all runabouts . I too used to cycle everywhere using a big rucksack to carry most things till the license came my way , now four wheels replaces two . I,ll keep my bikes cos cycling is still a passion of mine , but thru driving I,ve now learnt one thing jumping on my bike to cycle the all to familiar trip to work . Its feckin dangerous - and I,d gotten too used and de-sensatised to the perils of ignorant drivers cycling all the time ,a few weeks back cycling to work there were a few ignorant a*******s who bore the colourful language of mine they normally cant hear due to me normally being contained in the shell of my Nova..... :evil:

R1CH
10-08-05, 11:03 PM
A bike should fit in the back of a Nova ok, if you remove the wheels its easier...

Yeah you'll fit a bike in a Nova no probs, a couple of summers ago i managed to get 3 bikes on a rack, 1 in the boot, 4 people & everyones kit in my 1.0l Nova !!!
Don't think it managed to get over 45mph, the temp needle wasn't far off the red for the whole journey either !!!

Rich

J4MES
10-08-05, 11:09 PM
yeah bikes are definately needed to keep fit, im getting fatter all the time.... :cry: :cry:

ANDYRACER
10-08-05, 11:35 PM
Yep still got my bikes and still use them. I can be found at the skatepark regularly on my bmx. And take my mountain bike out for a ride when i get bored but my mountain bike is currently off the road with a fuked bottom bracket :cry: Will hopefully carry on riding when i get my license but nowing me ill give up coz im a lazy sod :lol:

Mike.
11-08-05, 07:46 AM
bottom bracketts are a piece of piss to fix, i still go out on my bmx

Jack
11-08-05, 09:38 AM
my mountain bike is currently off the road
My Rock Springs is very rarely on the road as well

...but thats because its not meant to be :D :lol: :P

sickrabbit
11-08-05, 11:07 AM
my poor cannondale has yet to be taken off road and is 4 yrs old , thanks to either back cpmplaints or work commitmentsI rarely have the time - what a waste of a bike .......

Philsutton
11-08-05, 12:30 PM
i used mine a few weeks ago when my car went, i tried to hit a foxes but bailed, apparently cars are a better tool for that