PDA

View Full Version : Car spraying?

Rick_Nova
08-08-05, 08:38 PM
right looking for a respray now for car and was wondering if theres any well known companies that publish rough prices for a spray job? not quite sure what 2 search for on google. any help would be appreciated, thanks

Jack
08-08-05, 08:55 PM
Best bet is to visit some local paintshops, most palces prefer to look at the car they're going to spray so they can give a more accurate quote.

Depending on what needs doing, expect to pay as little as ?300 or as much as ?1000... for special paints (flips, metallics etc) that will obviously be higher.

Gingersnaps
08-08-05, 09:21 PM
as said above have a trip to a few bodyshops around your area and get some quotes. i wouldnt take the cheapst one as more than often u get what u pay for

steve

ade
08-08-05, 10:32 PM
yellow pages mate - never fails...

Stuart
09-08-05, 08:20 AM
if you get a spray booth (with compressor) and do the prep work, ill spray it :) lol

i think there is a pretty decent company hear the Esso garage in hertford, cant remember their name but its that way. Also a paint supplys shop in harlow on the wych elm ind area might be able to help.

the cost will depend on what colour/paint you want to go to, and also what level of prep you will do first etc.... but dont look at much lower than ?7-800 for a decent job.

mine cost about ?250 in materials alone, but im sure i could ahve dropped that to ?200 if i didnt use 3 different colours lol.

Rick_Nova
09-08-05, 11:51 AM
lol you from the hertfordshire area? im just lookin at glacier white, i think its bout ?50 a litre or maybe a pearlescent need 2 ring a few places, i'll check out the one you suggested, but i can do some prep i guess, sand down etc, by a spray booth do ya mean hire one out? (sorry!) lol

Stuart
09-08-05, 12:07 PM
im in Ware, used to live in hertford for 6 months though lol.

i got my paint from a paint shop in basildon who were very helpfull with CIH purchases ;) i think i paid ?38 a litre for the paint and then ?17 for 5litres of thinners and about ?20 for the hardener (i think)

dont think you can hire a spray booth, but if youve got a mate who has a workshop with compressor you can knock a booth up with a wood frame and some of that yellow bodyshop plastic sheet.

http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?keywords=car+painters&companyName=&location=Hertford&searchType=classic&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0

a few in the herts area.

Rick_Nova
09-08-05, 12:48 PM
thanks i'll have a look round later, bout 2-3 litres of paint isnt it too cover a car?

thanks for help :)

boredbloke
09-08-05, 12:54 PM
and the rest!!

remember you want at least a few coats on there,

are you just doing the outside? or engine bay and inside as well?

Rick_Nova
09-08-05, 01:02 PM
just outside, was just quoted a K at standard ::O

Stuart
09-08-05, 01:13 PM
i got about 4.5 litres of white and sprayed the shell inside and out, half the boot lid, not the wings or bonnet. and ive got about 3/4 of a litre left.....

i only gave the car one/two fairly thick coats.........

the wings took about a gun full to get them good, that was with the bit of colour on the bumper and the other half of the boot lid too.

Jack
09-08-05, 08:44 PM
mine cost about ?250 in materials alone, but im sure i could ahve dropped that to ?200 if i didnt use 3 different colours lol.
Three different shades of pink? :P

General Baxter
09-08-05, 09:09 PM
any colour/any shade/

is this a good price for the paint?

https://www.paints4u.com/productsbyCat.aspx?MainCategoryID=6&MainSelection=22&SubCategoryID=33&Subselection=3

i only ask, as this is where i think im going to get mine from!

Stuart
10-08-05, 08:23 AM
imo id not use celly. but fairly decent prices there.

find a local bodyrepair centre and see if you can get a cash deal ;)

General Baxter
10-08-05, 10:32 AM
whats the diff between Cellulose and basecoat?

Stuart
10-08-05, 10:46 AM
fook knows lol

there are 3 main types of paint
Celly (1K)
2pack (2K)
and acrylic...

the other names thrown about can be brand names....
base coat is also the name for paint. clear coat is a name for laquer.

www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk is pretty decent too. But as said, go to a bodyshop and try to blag a cash non recipted deal.

Rexy
11-08-05, 12:25 PM
Ouhhh look at stu with the paint Gen...

What you need my laddy is a tin of Dulex and a paint brush :lol: