PDA

View Full Version : which cam for dellorto dhla

womble sri
08-08-05, 04:08 PM
im looking into a cam and i cant find one for the dellotos i rang courney and they said they do one for the webber dcoe but they werent sure if they were the same as the dellortos.

Ste L
08-08-05, 04:10 PM
carbs got nothing to do with which cam you use :?

Adam
08-08-05, 04:15 PM
Well, it has, as there will be a most suitable cam for the 40s, which will complement them better :wink:

Wonble-Any cam will work so whats the problem? Do you want a performance camshaft or standard gm?

Ste L
08-08-05, 04:25 PM
Well, it has, as there will be a most suitable cam for the 40s, which will complement them better :wink:

i know that, i was saying, you can use any cam with carbs, wasn't saying that it would be the best etc etc

Adam
08-08-05, 04:34 PM

i know that, i was saying, you can use any cam with carbs, wasn't saying that it would be the best etc etc
Yeah.
I think he is after a performance cam, so he needs the best cam to suit the 40s.
I dont know what that is tho, think its around the Piper 270/280 type.

S_Gault
08-08-05, 06:26 PM
depending on how good your head is - id prob use an AST 17

Steven

Snowface
08-08-05, 07:38 PM
DHLA and DCOE would use the same type of cam for what your after.

Stuart
09-08-05, 08:51 AM
for simplicity sake, ie not going solid, id say either an AST2 (but hey thats crap, right dan ;) ) OR the piper BP300. Both work v well in T40 applications.

the fact you heve webers or dellortos has no bearing on the cam choice (at this level)

benji
09-08-05, 09:48 AM
i have a piper 285 with mine dellortos. in the piper catalouge it says in the not's for this cam that it was developd to work with the 40's