PDA

View Full Version : WEBBER......

MattNova
08-08-05, 01:34 PM
rite,

i took my "new unused" (webber 32/34) carb to the garage to be fitted to my 1.2 ive got the 1.3 intake manifold, and "everything needed to fit". the mechanic fitted it all and then found out that my throttle cable wont fit onto the new carb :evil:
so in short he had to take it all back off, then i got charged for the time that he was working on it, with NO result :evil:

im located in the middlands and im wondering if there is anywhere local that i can go an buy this linkage or if there are any websites that i can order it off.

any help PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!

Ste L
08-08-05, 01:43 PM
should of left it all on, then got somebody to toe it home for you, least the it would still be on there till you got the cable for it :roll:

Jack
08-08-05, 02:31 PM
www.tuning.co.uk should have the cable, or try www.webcon.co.uk

afaik the 1.2 cable is different...? So it won't be a straight fit? Also, will the 1.3 manifold be ok mated to the 1.2 head?

MattNova
08-08-05, 02:56 PM
wel i **** leave it on, cuz i need my car for work, so it wud be crippling to not have the car on the road.

the mechanic told me that the manifold was no problem, so i assume its fine. checking the siets now.

cheers, keep ya informed

MattNova
08-08-05, 03:10 PM
cant find anything on either :( anyone know any others??

Adam
08-08-05, 04:23 PM
Weber Throttle Cable
https://www.burtonpower.com/dets_product.aspx?PGrp=80020&PSet=98

MattNova
08-08-05, 04:54 PM
ive been in touch with the people at

www.burtonpower.com

and they have told me that they only supply ford parts for 1, but also they have informed me that the part that i require is simply an 1.3 sr throttle cable. cna any one tell my how much truth there is in this?

cheers Matt

Spudly
08-08-05, 07:25 PM
This is true all u need is the cable for the 1.3 SR cos the 1.3 one has a nipple on the end whereas the 1.2 has a lil ball socket thing that clips on to a ball on the carb, the mechanic should have checked all of this before he started or at least asked you if u had a different cable!!!!

Snowface
08-08-05, 07:33 PM
Yup, i can confirm that all you need is a 1.3sr cable (or 1.4 sr).

Bummer you had to take it back off.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Snowface-85/imag0016Medium.jpg

1.2 Top
1.3/4sr bottom

MattNova
09-08-05, 09:29 AM
rite, :D :D

i'll order myself a 1.3sr throttle cable today, glad its only something that small that i need and not expensive, bit skint now :(

cheers for all the help.

Matt

MattNova
11-08-05, 01:18 PM
After speaking with my mechanic, he has told me that the 1.3sr cable is not all that will be required. he has told me that i will also need

"a bracket to mount the outer cable"

anyone got any ideas what he is talking about and where i can purchase this bracket.

cheers Matt

Snowface
11-08-05, 02:18 PM
http://uk.geocities.com/snowface_85/8.8.04_01.jpg

www.webcon.co.uk will have them most likely. Not sure of the part number but if you describe it then i'm sure they will know.

There was a post on here several months ago with a photo of the Complete Instructions from Weber 32/34 DMTL Direct conversion kit.( including part no's)

Would be hard to dig out though i think.

Edit - You'd need the 2 small allen key srews/bolts that fix it to the base plate also.